Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
stranger
stranger
V
Comeback Kid is fine as it is.

Leech should be nerfed to prevent skills like bloodletting to fully heal the character with the talent.

Sneak, I believe that the FOV and vision range should be increased when in combat mode (300ï½° and 5 meters or something similar).

A
A
Originally Posted by dlux
Originally Posted by Mr. C
Originally Posted by dlux
The comeback kid + leech combo should be nerfed.

Anyway, I can heal my whole party almost instantly by casting fireball on them, because they have very high elemental resistance to fire. Meteor shower is the best though, I can watch the enemy burn to ashes while my party heals while basking in the extreme heat. My entire party actually has 100+ percent resistance to every element, so even breathing in poison heals them too.

groovy

...That is much worse than leech, but nobody seems to care. Strange how that works. rolleyes

Because it requires a significant investment both financially and in points spent.

It is extremely easy to get 100+ elemental resistance to every element about mid game.

So you're saying that leech is a problem but getting healed by every elemental attack isn't? I'd say that is a much larger problem than leech, because it makes the game way too easy. If anything needs to be nerfed, then this would be it.

Leech isn't very powerful anyway, it only heals like 15 to 30 hp and is worthless against crushing attacks.

It is fine. It is again an NPC problem and not an mechanical. The AI will not remember that targets are immune to their elemental damage, so they will not try other damage. Furthermore they will not just rotate stuff like nullify resistance.

We have no PVP in this game, so the game does not need to be fair to NPCs, but smarter NPCs would make more interesting gameplay. Right now the AI is very bad at later stages of the game. TO much options, not enough brain for them to deal with it. A leech character is in some encounters invincible, not because of leech, but because the AI will insist to heal them up constantly.

Same applies to elemental immune characters in other battles.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Leech ISN'T fine, because such a huge percentage of the enemies in the game rely on physical damage.
Even if their AI was smarter, what are they going to do? Respec? They only have certain tools to use. Unless you want to the game to analyze the player's build and start changing enemy stats and abilities to counter the player...
The player was never intended to become so resistant to physical damage, without investing HEAVILY in defensive skills and equipment, like armor and shields. You can put leech on a scoundrel, and they instantly become as tanky as if you had equipped them in plate armor and a shield. That's not balanced.

stranger
stranger
The "spot" and "cooldown" solution now seems like the best option. This would not require huge changes to algorithms already present, and it would discourage players from completely abusing the system and being more careful.

The introduction of a specific unit, as suggested from what I understand, which is always in "search mode" (i.e. maybe a ranger) isn't really ideal to me. It is still open to plenty of abuse by a clever player.

And ultimately, don't forget that the point of the AI is to lose. It is to "lose with style" as someone from Blizzard put it. So you don't want too many restrictions on the player, while you also don't want the enemies to be completely oblivious to what's happening.

The algorithms are all there and they can all be introduced, resulting in enemies which would crush the player and a game which is impossible to win. So not just "nerfing" players and (hopefully) one day we will also move away from the equation "Hard mode Enemies = More HP + More DMG

Last edited by Pvt_Booger; 27/07/14 04:48 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Please, please, please don't break or nerf anything! For folks like me who play on Easy, everything is just fine the way it is.

Please leave things like this up to the modding community. There's already a mod in the works to make the game harder.

I just want Larian to fix the bugs, the modding community will fix everything else.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Klixen
Please, please, please don't break or nerf anything! For folks like me who play on Easy, everything is just fine the way it is.

Please leave things like this up to the modding community. There's already a mod in the works to make the game harder.

I just want Larian to fix the bugs, the modding community will fix everything else.

hay u look liek da 1 frum scubby doo....u kno it?

Spaghetti is life, Spaghetti is love.
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Originally Posted by Pvt_Booger
And ultimately, don't forget that the point of the AI is to lose. It is to "lose with style" as someone from Blizzard put it.

A little bit off topic, but this idea rubs me the wrong way.

I would say that the point of the enemy in a game isn't to lose (not even lose with style). It's to make the player better. Dark Souls is a great example of this. Every enemy in the game is challenging, but fair. They aren't there to die for you. They're there to force you to get better at the game.

A game which makes you feel skillful without actually challenging you seems as hollow, to me, as a book which makes you feel smart without actually saying anything meaningful.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I thought the point of a good AI was to win the first time you play against it, and the lose the third time. The second time is left up in the air.

A
A
Originally Posted by dirigible
Leech ISN'T fine, because such a huge percentage of the enemies in the game rely on physical damage.
Even if their AI was smarter, what are they going to do? Respec? They only have certain tools to use. Unless you want to the game to analyze the player's build and start changing enemy stats and abilities to counter the player...
The player was never intended to become so resistant to physical damage, without investing HEAVILY in defensive skills and equipment, like armor and shields. You can put leech on a scoundrel, and they instantly become as tanky as if you had equipped them in plate armor and a shield. That's not balanced.

Use Buffs, Debuffs and Board Control. There is plenty of stuff to spend your AP besides hitting a immune target. There is most of the time other targets to at least try too. If the NPC is supposed to be a thread to players than doing them on one damage source alone is a problem in itself.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
If the NPC is supposed to be a thread to players than doing them on one damage source alone is a problem in itself.

It's only a problem because there is currently a talent which makes the player damn near immune to physical damage.

The enemies aren't supposed to be a mirror image of the players. If they were, the game would be even MORE horribly broken. Imagine running into a group of enemies - they all take their turn first because they had higher initiative. They nullify your resistances, cast oil, cast fire, and then create a wall of ice preventing you from running out of the fire. Then they drop a boulder down, exploding the fire and knocking you all down. Their 2-hander warrior charges in, knocking down anyone still standing, and then bully-crits your squishiest character for 170% their max HP. You can't teleport out because you're knocked down, and even if you could you're still on fire and poisoned and slowed and their entire team is waiting to fuck you up.

Strategies like that are fun to pull off as a player, but not fun to have used against you. Enemies aren't supposed to have all the tools of the player, because it wouldn't be balanced or fun.

Last edited by dirigible; 27/07/14 04:14 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard