Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Yeah, decided to make a mod that makes the armor dyes easily craftable for like them readily available like me :P

The mod can be found on the Steam Workshop or on the Nexus:

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/25/?

Keep in mind these are the only six dyes in the game as far as I know and I have no idea how to create new dye colors at the moment.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Awesome! Thank you. And something to do with all of the empty cups and bottles!

Because Pete R Not Smart, remind me again how to get the .lsx and .txt files out of the .pak?

Any ideas yet on what the heck the Mysteeeeerious Black dye is supposed to do?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by PeteNewell
Awesome! Thank you. And something to do with all of the empty cups and bottles!

Because Pete R Not Smart, remind me again how to get the .lsx and .txt files out of the .pak?

Any ideas yet on what the heck the Mysteeeeerious Black dye is supposed to do?

I think I'll just release an extracted version on the Nexus.

I've also discovered that helmets cannot be dyed by default and am expanding my mod to allow leather and metal helmets to be dyeable. Still trying to add cloth headgear to the mix, but haven't been able to find the keyword for them yet.

I would like to add weapons and shields to be dyeable too, however they currently don't have a palette map texture meaning adding them may not be possible just yet.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Updated the Nexus version. Now allows helmets to be dyed, as they were not dyeable by default. Except cloth helmets/caps since I can't seem to find a to get them to work just yet.

EDIT: It appears the Workshop publishing feature doesn't work right, so while I try to sort out what went wrong stick with the Nexus version, and get 1.1

Last edited by MrEsturk; 27/07/14 06:37 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Better and better.

And thanks.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
That's great, I'm glad someone's making a dye mod. Good dressup is always important.

It is possible to add new dye colors, but it's an annoying process that basically involves duplicating an existing dye entry in a bunch of files and changing all the instances of white (or whatever color you duplicate) to _yourcolorname. The full list of files is something like ItemCombos, both potion files, the main armor file, and DeltaModifier.txt. New colors are defined in ItemColor.txt and you assign which color a dye uses in the boost settings in armor.txt.

That should get you a descriptionless potion that has the icon of whatever dye you duplicated, I haven't investigated adding new icons or a description.

As a side note, is there any indication that it might be possible to easily change which parts of armor are dyed? A lot of the armor dyes the 'secondary' color but not the main color, for instance I'd much rather dye the main white part of the Sourcehunter witch robe than the flowery design at the bottom.

Last edited by roguelike; 27/07/14 10:58 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Thx for this mod, been waiting for it.
But sadly I cant make it work with an existing save. I tried pak version, extracted version (the very latest versions from nexus) but same problem everytime, after I replace my meta.lsb, when I load my save my characters end up in Cyseal, while I was in the mines. Tried several times, the game always ends up loading Cyseal, no matter where I was before replacing the meta.lsb.

Sooo, I dont know whats wrong.

R
addict
addict
R
It loads in Cyseal because that's where the meta.lsb says your map is. You should be able to teleport via the Pyramid back to other maps.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
At this point I'd almost recommend get this recipe mod instead:

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/20/?

Its dye recipes are a bit harder to make, but also makes dyes infinite use, so you only need make one of each color. The creator also figured out how to make cloth helmets dyeable and added a ton more recipes.

Technically you can use my mod and his at the same time, since his uses the /main folder. But you get that stupid "corrupted: multiplayer disabled" error even though both mods work perfectly fine together mad (would be nice if someone could figure out a mod that disabled that stupid error, since its never triggered on an act of real corruption).

Originally Posted by roguelike
...As a side note, is there any indication that it might be possible to easily change which parts of armor are dyed? A lot of the armor dyes the 'secondary' color but not the main color, for instance I'd much rather dye the main white part of the Sourcehunter witch robe than the flowery design at the bottom.

You can change what portions of a piece of armor change color, but it requires you to alter a somewhat tricky to edit texture file. I managed to get all my "sexy armors" setup to be dyed the way I want them, but it was a bit of a headache. Fortunately for you you will not have the Sourcehunter robe for long and the rest of the game's robes (or my robe replacement mods) are much more dye friendly.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by roguelike
That's great, I'm glad someone's making a dye mod. Good dressup is always important.

It is possible to add new dye colors, but it's an annoying process that basically involves duplicating an existing dye entry in a bunch of files and changing all the instances of white (or whatever color you duplicate) to _yourcolorname. The full list of files is something like ItemCombos, both potion files, the main armor file, and DeltaModifier.txt. New colors are defined in ItemColor.txt and you assign which color a dye uses in the boost settings in armor.txt.

That should get you a descriptionless potion that has the icon of whatever dye you duplicated, I haven't investigated adding new icons or a description.

As a side note, is there any indication that it might be possible to easily change which parts of armor are dyed? A lot of the armor dyes the 'secondary' color but not the main color, for instance I'd much rather dye the main white part of the Sourcehunter witch robe than the flowery design at the bottom.

Interesting Developments: I figured out how to get cloth helmets to dye finally.

But in far more noteworthy news I figured out how to make brand new dye items. For now I just added 5 color options that already existed, but where not available in dye form:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

For now I am working on cleaning things up, but then I'll have a new release with the 5 new colors as well as share some of my notes birthdayjump

M
stranger
stranger
M
Awesome. You found the orange dye that the game didn't create. I have this orange color sarong from loot and was confused why the game doesn't have an orange dye...

The game feels incomplete with missing materials or unuseable ones.

Btw would the 5 new dyes break the gane if I decide to uninstall the mod later? I dunno how to combine mods so I just uninstall and install new mods by replacing meta.lsb

Last edited by moredrowsy; 30/07/14 10:12 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by moredrowsy
...Btw would the 5 new dyes break the game if I decide to uninstall the mod later? I dunno how to combine mods so I just uninstall and install new mods by replacing meta.lsb

No idea. I imagine at the very least any leftover new dyes you had would disappear. I also created to brand new colors in my most recent build which I'm sure would go away as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard