Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Fido Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I cannot get past the part with the pressure plates. For some reason they will not "click" after I put the heavy barrel, water bucket, ect

ive done this before on a previous characters so I think my game might be bugged frown

any suggestions?

addict
addict
I'm stuck on this one now. I have the water bucket, but no clue why or where I'm supposed to use it. What does a water bucket have to do with balancing knowledge? I thought I might have to put books on the plates, but that isn't working either.

Weird. Tried reloading a savegame prior to entering this map? :S

addict
addict
Hmmm.

Try reloading the map by beaming your party to the Homestead and then return and try again.

veteran
veteran
If not, you might be trying the items on the wrong pressure plate.
Mistakes are easily made, just human nature, so it's definitely an option (and nothing to be emberassed about if true) wink

F
Fido Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I tried re-loading an older save and also porting to homestead but still no luck -- the pressure plates don't react no matter what I try.

pretty sure I am not putting the wrong items -- ive done this before on another character no problem.

what a buzzkill this will probably be the end of the line for me too lazy to start over again.

addict
addict
Do the pressure plates not click at all? Not even when you step on them?

veteran
veteran
Go back to the very beginning, near the entrance there is a door leading to the left of the statue, you can lockpick it, find the star stone beyond and that'll cure your party of the rot, after that head up the stairs in the back there to talk to the immaculate douche-bag about completing the trial.

You can also glitch the teleporter pyramids through the blue shields.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 28/07/14 07:35 PM.
F
Fido Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Go back to the very beginning, near the entrance there is a door leading to the left of the statue, you can lockpick it, find the star stone beyond and that'll cure your party of the rot, after that head up the stairs in the back there to talk to the immaculate douche-bag about completing the trial.

You can also glitch the teleporter pyramids through the blue shields.

omg thanks for the idea's. I will try this when I get off work smile

and no when my characters stand on the plates they don't click.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Each plate is really picky about the right item for it to go 'click'. What worked for me was a bucket of water, a book, the heavy barrel and a vase.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kerstman
Each plate is really picky about the right item for it to go 'click'. What worked for me was a bucket of water, a book, the heavy barrel and a vase.

Yes, the plates only click at specific wights: 1, 2, 5 and 7.5 and the four plates are different sizes, the smallest needs 1 and the largest requires 7.5. There is a large barrel you'll find in the area, the only "Large Barrel" in the game and it conveniently weight 7.5....you can find it by holding down ALT or you can put 2.5 worth of stuff in any othe crates/vases/barrels around because they all weigh 5 when empty. For 1 and 2 I'm pretty sure you can find some junk items in your inventory to meet the criteria.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 28/07/14 10:47 PM.
F
Fido Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I tried your suggestions darth_trethon,

I was able to lock pick that door but when I talk to the immaculate guy he gives me the same dialog he did when I was at his chapel. I even went through the trial by by glitching with they pyramids but it didn't register as being completed.

my question is do I need to complete this quest to proceed in the game? (I was able to pickpocket his keys at least)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Fido
I tried your suggestions darth_trethon,

I was able to lock pick that door but when I talk to the immaculate guy he gives me the same dialog he did when I was at his chapel. I even went through the trial by by glitching with they pyramids but it didn't register as being completed.

my question is do I need to complete this quest to proceed in the game? (I was able to pickpocket his keys at least)

Not sure why that is? The guy should tell you to go kill a chicken and make a blood stone to cure yourself when he realized you're already cured of the rot and tells you to wait. He then leaves and comes back with a bunch of immaculate guys to kill you.

I got through just fine without completing the trials at all. Or rather I did them in reverse with the pyramid and was never infected with the rot. Have you made sure your whole party was cured of the rot? The star stone should heal your whole party when it does its light show.

F
Fido Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Yeah I cured myself of rot with the bloodstones. When I talk to him he gives me the same dialog from the chapel...tells me how to get to the trial (IM ALREADY THERE) then he teleports away to the trial(exact same spot hes standing)

I think the entire instance is bugged. I hope I can continue on without doing this quest

Link Copied to Clipboard