Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Skolia Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
(Mild Spoiler Warning)

I declined Brandon's quest in Silverglen and now only my 'main' character can handle Tenebrium weapons. Unfortunately I'm now running into things that seem to *require* them.

I'm enjoying this game so far and pleased I've backed it but this is really bad design.

Larian, please at least make Brandon's quest always offered (unless you've completed it of course). Otherwise put a skill book somewhere that can be used on all your party (like the Death Knight stuff).

I'm so frustrated.

addict
addict
did u find the book? is that where ur 1 skill point came from?

Skolia Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Yeah, from the scum^H^H^H^HImmacuate town Sacred Stone. I stole it from the evil wizard lady.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I also accidentally skipped Brandon's quest. However, after I cleared the immaculate trial (which gives all your characters rot) I gave Brandon a piece of tenebrium ore (or multiple, don't really know) and all my characters received +1 tenebrium ability.

In fact, I don't even fully remember what I did. But it went something like that. think

Last edited by Diablofire; 29/07/14 05:01 AM.
Skolia Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I could swear I tried that but I'll give it another go.

Edit: Tried it, did nothing.

Last edited by Skolia; 29/07/14 10:55 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Skolia
(Mild Spoiler Warning)

I declined Brandon's quest in Silverglen and now only my 'main' character can handle Tenebrium weapons. Unfortunately I'm now running into things that seem to *require* them.

I'm so frustrated.

I read it somewhere that if you declined Brandon's quest, not all your character will get the +1 Tenebrium skill.

So if you want all of them to get the skill, you'll have to reload from a previous save, or worst (or for the better depending on your take), restart the game.

addict
addict
Where is this book people keep mentioning? I've cleared all those area and don't have it.

journeyman
journeyman
It's towards the north, there is a hidden camp.

In the camp, it's in the boss's hut with a fire and water elemental summon.

You'll find it at the top of the rack where she is.

T
stranger
stranger
T
That whole Brandon quest thing for Tenebrium training is really disjointed right after getting to Silverglen. It's just badly/over written.

"Oh hey, want to do something for me? wink wink, nudge nudge"

"Yeah, sure! Let me do something you didn't give me ANY details about."
OR
"Uh, no, not interested in your shadey ****."

Even though it's just ore, that you can get without even having to steal anything (Cart outside of Sacred Stone blacksmith building, absolutely free). It's a huge factor later in the game with a insignificant seeming sidequest introduction.

Skolia Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by TheLocalHentai
That whole Brandon quest thing for Tenebrium training is really disjointed right after getting to Silverglen. It's just badly/over written.

"Oh hey, want to do something for me? wink wink, nudge nudge"

"Yeah, sure! Let me do something you didn't give me ANY details about."
OR
"Uh, no, not interested in your shadey ****."

Even though it's just ore, that you can get without even having to steal anything (Cart outside of Sacred Stone blacksmith building, absolutely free). It's a huge factor later in the game with a insignificant seeming sidequest introduction.

I agree, it seemed like it was going to be some thief sidequest thing (something against my character concept) - not something vital for the latter areas of the game. A bad flaw in an otherwise good design.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by SpaceHamster

What map are you on.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Originally Posted by SpaceHamster

What map are you on.

Silverglen, Luculla forrest.

R
stranger
stranger
R
http://imgur.com/8qDDuZQ

Traced a path for you to where you can get the Tenebrium skill book. The gap indicates you need to throw a pyramid, or have another way to get across(Tactical Retreat is what I used).

addict
addict
Nice map. I assume the numbered section are character levels.

Man I never even thought about using a pyramid to cross the river. I just used the teleport mirror.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is a shortcut in the Silverglen Church, but you need lockpicking 5 for that.

Skolia Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Finished the game today; I ended up playing it on easy to kinda make up for my overall lower damage output and did alright (although I ran into a nasty crash bug).

veteran
veteran
They're really not needed (Except for one quest but 1 character with the skill would work there).
Overall I found regular weapon better than the Tenebrium stuff I found.

Of course I didn't bother with crafting... maybe another matter entirely then, but I got by just fine with the dropped gear.

Link Copied to Clipboard