Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by eidolon
After the Patch Weather the Storm is a only something that you are going to take when you are planning on taking MaA to level 4-5 anyway.
Originally Posted by ScrotieMcB
Talents to be deleted: Demon, Glass Cannon, Ice King, Thick Skin, Weather the Storm
Not to mention that WtS required MaA 5 to take in the first place. The point of the Adaptations, as suggested talents, was to replace WtS.

Last edited by ScrotieMcB; 30/07/14 07:57 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Let me rephrase that: Weather the Storm is not the OP talent that you claim and chars would not be willing to heavily invest in an "off class" ability for it. Gamers have no problem getting their resistances to a point where they heal from elemental damage without that talent.

The Adaptions would allow players to become immune from 1 elemental type early in the game (balancing issue) and turn useless once you start using essences. Compared to WtS having a +50% boost for 2 elements will make it harder to get everything above 100% than the current 25% vs all bonus. I would only use the Fire Adaption for mages that want to use stuff like Self Imolation early-midgame.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by eidolon
Weather the Storm is not the OP talent that you claim
On that we fundamentally disagree. With just WtS and any endgame plate armour, fighters start with 45% in all resistances. From there, going to 100% (or just shy of 100%) in all resistances is extraordinarily easy. With the Adaptations it would be easier to get a specific element to 100% or over, but it would be much more difficult to achieve the impenetrability of 100% resistance in everything. It would be about strengths and weaknesses, not just strengths all-around.

In other words: having one resistance where you heal from damage, and three where you are still vulnerable, is far less overpowered than have four resistances where you don't take any damage at all.

As far as I'm concerned, Strength-based characters get all the "Weather the Storm" they need built directly into their equipment.

In any case, I'm thinking that when the OP once again become uneditable, I'll post this in the Mods section instead, as my "dream mod" or whatever. I don't think it's currently possible to mod talents (or abilities such as Tenebrium), but hopefully the capability will be introduced at some point in the future, making the bulk of these suggestions possible as an unofficial version of the game, rather than Larian canon. I'd be content with that.

Last edited by ScrotieMcB; 30/07/14 12:32 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
You can add +25% vs all to belts, bracers, chest armor and sarongs with essence/rubies, which sums up to 100%. Add another +20% from gear vs fire/ice and you are save from elemental damage even if you get warm/chilled.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I've looked into crafting and it's definitely more OP than I thought. Because it was limit 1 Essence on weapons, I assumed the same limit on defensive gear; this is not the case. Weather the Storm is still overpowered, but tossing multiple Essences on all of your gear, if you can find them, is even more OP. So I can understand the view that WtS "isn't that bad" because getting huge resists vs everything is easy with crafting... but it shouldn't be that easy to get huge resists versus everything, regardless of the route.

Updated OP: Added Legerdemain, changed around some other pre-existing talents.

Last edited by ScrotieMcB; 01/08/14 12:28 AM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Changed the title and the OP to include adjustments I'd make to crafting to prevent the cheesy stacking of resistances via Essences.

edit: Also renamed the elemental Adaptations, changed prereq on Weatherproof and Graven Importance, and improved Graven Importance (again).

Last edited by ScrotieMcB; 05/08/14 03:55 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
In light of recent discussion re: Lone Wolf (including consult with dirigible), changed Lone Wolf talent and added Thirst for Knowledge (and School's Out) talents to hopefully balance the whole "Lone Wolf/Glass Cannon" problem. Also modified Moloch's trades, buffed Know-it-All, and added Barbarian.

Last edited by ScrotieMcB; 07/08/14 10:05 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by ScrotieMcB
I've looked into crafting and it's definitely more OP than I thought. Because it was limit 1 Essence on weapons, I assumed the same limit on defensive gear; this is not the case.

LOL. Wow. I don't even. Oh well.
At no point am I surprised anymore.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
TBH the whole upgrading smells of Diablo 2 socketing.
Can the dev at least tell ppl how many slots does an item have so we won't have to experiment which essence overwrites and which stacks.
I find it baffling such itemization mods are considered a 'skill' when the acquisition of the resources are just blind random luck.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard