Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Support
Support

Did you enter the last opened area, get a conversation with Astarte or the demon, and return to the main section of the homestead through the portal?
Was Zixzax at the start of the homestead, by the statues, by a portal or the weaver? Did he have his regular dialogue options or was he urging you to 'leap through'?
If he was by a portal or near the start, approaching an inactive portal can trigger a dialogue with Zixzax and open the portal. If he was near the statue, you may be able to click on it to proceed, if Zixzax doesn't react to your approach.

If the problem is with Zixzax, killing him can reset his status, and get him opening portals again. That is feasible starting about level 12 or 13, depending on your party build.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you enter the last opened area, get a conversation with Astarte or the demon, and return to the main section of the homestead through the portal?

No, I'm nowhere near the last areas of the game, if that's what you mean (just entered the Phantom Forest, in-story). As for other areas, I've had a conversation with the green lady in the Hall of Heroes, the personal rooms of the Hunters' were empty, and I've unlocked the Fire Elemental room and talked to the fire merchant there. I am not sure I have returned back to the main hall through the portal from each room, but from the most of them, likely.

Was Zixzax at the start of the homestead, by the statues, by a portal or the weaver? Did he have his regular dialogue options or was he urging you to 'leap through'?
If he was by a portal or near the start, approaching an inactive portal can trigger a dialogue with Zixzax and open the portal. If he was near the statue, you may be able to click on it to proceed, if Zixzax doesn't react to your approach.

I will try it out after dealing with the attack. Zixzax is mostly hanging around the Weaver of Time whenever I visit the homestead.

If the problem is with Zixzax, killing him can reset his status, and get him opening portals again. That is feasible starting about level 12 or 13, depending on your party build.

I take it he will revive, but won't that make him permanently hostile??

Support
Support

By last opened area I mean whatever the last portal was that was opened. In the living quarters of the hunters, you should have met the demon on your way in for a conversation. In the elemental portals you walk in on a conversation between an NPC there and either the nature spirit or demon.

All the earlier portals must have worked fine; it is only the last one you need to worry about if Zixzax doesn't resume opening portals once the attack is over.

If you do end up having to kill Zixzax, he will not remain hostile (his opinion of you may drop a little).

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
OK, I figured it out: when I tried looking for Zixzax, he was standing next to a portal that's a bit off to the side, so I never saw him there. The imp whom I assumed was Zixzax hanging around the Weaver of Time was actually another imp dude I saved from the mines. So yeah, the rooms started opening, therefore problem solved. Thank you! smile

I did encounter a real bug, though: right after the cuscene revealing the Hunters', erm, past life, the can have a conversation and get trait points, but the first dialogue choice somehow counts for both of them, so they both get either Bold +1 or Cautious +1, regardless of what the second one said.

Last edited by Koveras; 10/10/14 05:49 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Well - I'm very glad Koveras had his problem solved, but I'm having no such luck.

Level 20+ party, 9 inert stones and 4 bloodstones in my pack, only the ICE (first) portal opened in the Homestead and I cannot progress further in the game. I am at the "door" in the Source Temple and it tells me I need to get my stones in order ... after reading some posts I tried killing Zixzax successfully but he just revived and gives me the same tired dialogue. Icara tells me I need to find more star stones so I converted my 4 bloodstones to inert and then had 13 inert stones and it didn't help. Zixzax is not moving to any inactive portals, the Homestead is under attack. So what the heck do I need to do here?

Addendum: A post suggested that I need to stop the Homestead attack before anything happens so I'm off to try and fight the void demons in the corner of the Forest ... I'll reply here if that completes my requirements (fingers crossed) ...

Addendum: Stopping the attack on the Homestead by playing with the void demons broke the logjam. When I returned, Zixzax was standing in front of an unopened portal (Hall of S*****s) ... hopefully there are many halls in my future and hopefully this will allow me to eventually deal with that pesky DOOR. For now I'm a happy camper!

Last edited by Gneen; 15/10/14 03:53 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
A bug?

I had the same problem.... Inner Chamber was not opening when I found the 3rd stone and visited the End of Time area, Zixzax was next to the portal to the Hall of Heroes, with no dialogue, etc.

So I reload the game to just before discovering my 3rd Inert Stone, I visited again Homestead, and:

1) Talk to Zixzax (but there was not a dialogue, so probably you could skip this step)

2) Use portal to visit Hall of Heroes

3) Talk to each (2) NPC in the Hall: one of them (Astarte?) sitting on a chair. Astarte leaves the Hall after talking with you MAYBE THIS IS WHAT I DID WRONG PREVIOUSLY
[Raze explains it on a previuos post #556781 - 10/10/14 07:14 AM]

4) Return to End of Time through portal: now a message like "Hall of Heroes opened" should appear (Note: I already had received this message on my first visit but Zixzag was still next to the Hall of Heroes Portal, not moving away), AND Zixzag moves next to Tapestry of Time (on my previuous visits, Z was not moving, standing next to Hall of Heroes portal)

5) Speak to Zixzax again, and end dialogue

6) Return to the 3rd stone and activate it

7) Return to End of Time

8) Zixzag is waiting for you, and shows you another opened portal

Maybe all this works even after finding the 3rd stone (I mean, may be if you do all previuos steps, new portal opens)

I hope this works!!

Regards

Support
Support

Yes, you need to talk to Astarte and then head back to the main section of homestead with a source hunter selected as leader. If you leave the homestead using Rift Travel or use the portal with a companion in the lead, a couple comments from the main characters don't get triggered, and the Hall of Heroes isn't completely opened.

Even if you go back after the third star stone, you should be able to do whichever steps you missed previously to get the next portal to open.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard