Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#533876 01/08/14 03:04 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Just dropped a White Fabric Dye, guess it'd colour my apparel... when I combine items, it shows "Boosted (apparel)". The item doesn't coloured/boosted any stats. Is it a bug or am I missing something here? Happened with you guys?

addict
addict
I've never tried using it myself, but I read that all it does is change your armor color. But I also read that if you upgrade that armor it removes the color. Add to that the fact that I never find any armor I wear for more than a level or two due to finding better stuff, and it all kind of makes dyes useless. It they weren't such rare finds it may be worth playing around with.

Dunno why your white dye didn't work, but the armour might have been white before you applied the dye?
(The game will still use up your dye.)

Like LeBurns said, you'll lose any applied dye after you tinker with your item, so it's best to only use dye after you're sure your armour is for keeps and that you're done modifying it.
In my opinion Larian should fix this. Applied dye should be permanent.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Tottaly agreed, they really should! Considering the amount of boxes that I've opened, this dye being my first one makes me think that it's pretty rare... I'd really enjoy to change my equipment's colour from time to time!

journeyman
journeyman
I've started finding more and more dyes in mid-teen levels, although not enough where I'd actually consider it plentiful.

There's a mod out there by Obreck that allows you to craft your own dyes. We're working on merging that into my own mod, Fixed & Missing Recipes, too.

In case this helps: I've dyed a few different armors and noticed that sometimes only a part of the armor actually changes color, something that's just a highlight and not the main color of the chestpiece. So until you dye it's hard to even tell what you're going to change. Another reason I think dye should just be easier to come by. :p

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I think that an update is more than needed! Too many errors/bugs/missing recipes... but it's still an awesome game! About those mods, when u guys get it done it will be fantastic! How would be the best way to know about those nice mods and how to apply them on my career?

journeyman
journeyman
Nexus is where I and some others are doing mods:

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/?

The site hasn't caught on yet like it did for Skyrim, but modding is still pretty young for this game I suppose. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard