Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
In my first playthrough I could kill most ennemies without engaging combat.

My wizard has oil patch (not sure of the name - one of the 1st earth spells) and a fireball.

I could cast the patch, then burn it.
I was far away anough that the ennemies did not see my character and so they did not engage the fight.

I missed the xp but it eased the battle.
When the goul was low life I engaged the battle to finish him off and get some xp.

(It was my 1st playthrough and as I missed lower level quests my team was too low level to fight the goul so I had to resort to this tactic).

Imarion

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by please55
My composition includes an elemental wizard and a marksman + the other two.
My characters are all lvl 4 as well. What am I not considering?

I did this at level 4 with the same party composition. Initially it felt like a real road block but then I thought of a cheesy but fun strategy:
1) First I picked some ooze and oil barrels elsewhere. (Did you know you could put them in your inventory? :))
2) I unchained my marksman from the rest of the party, sneaked as close as I could and jumped (Tactical Retreat) to the ghoul carrying a couple of barrels with me. After dropping the barrels on the ground I used remaining APs to get some distance and flee from combat.
3) Used one pyramid to rejoin my party and again sneaked in with the marksman. When he was noticed I used another pyramid (on my mage). This put my party was a bit closer to the enemies than just running towards them so I didn't have to waste APs on movement.

The rest was easy or at least nothing special. Detonating barrels with Fireball takes a good chunk of the boss HP and kills two hounds instantly. I had Teleport on both mages which also helped immensely (it's really a must have spell on Hard).

So it's really doable at L4 without any OP talents like Leech but you may have to bend the rules a little.

Last edited by prodigydancer; 16/08/14 09:40 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard