Next Thread
Print Thread
#534903 02/08/14 07:52 AM
I
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I
OK, I've tried to get through this six straight times now.

the problem is that everyone is fighting everyone. Even the bloody CAT goes hostile for no reason.

i'll be killing the orcs, and for no reason (never hit one), the humans will go hostile and start attacking me, this, while I'm just following them around doing cleanup after grutilda.

also, once I cleaned out everything, except there was an orc by the wizard's house that was hostile, but immune to all damage and just stood there.

please, Larian... fix this battle, it's a bloody mess!

veteran
veteran
Works fine for me... also yes, the all fighting all is definitely intended (besides perhaps the lovers killing each other).

Did you verify your files. That invincible orc sounds iffy. Is he named? Did you see the cutscene of them playing Rock, Paper, Scissors and one of the mercs dying before starting the massive battle?

N
stranger
stranger
N
I have this exact same issue. One invincible Level 16 "Elite Orc Fighter" who hangs around in the door to the wizards house. He was originally surrounded by a bunch of mountain warriors and one immaculate who wouldn't attack him. When I attack him it does no damage.
I can't progress the quest.
I read somewhere else online (steam forums?) that before the fight try to give him a single gold piece and supposedly that clears his status?

X
stranger
stranger
X
Just forget the quest and kill everything within the village. It is much easier... You can even toss a few fireballs on them before they even decide to attack you. Only annoyance is that the quest remains in the quest log. No idea why Larian didn't make a trigger to end it if you kill the key NPC in it. Same goes for the other minor quests in the village.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I can't complete this quest either. I've killed everything except a single Immaculate Necromancer in front of the wizzards house. She can be targetted with the mouse, but I can't hit her. I get the speach bubble mouse over, but when I click her nothing happens. Seems utterly bugged, and I noticed the bug way too late to reload an old save game. smirk

I
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I
I have repeated the quest, after the very first battle of it, now 7 times.

the latest attempt just now, after downloading the latest patch.

SAME THING.

one immortal orc is left running around the town, with all the humans following him around. I can't attack him, and none of them can either. The offending orc is always starts in the same place; in front of the wizard's house. From there, it usually runs to town, and ends up near the well, or it just stands near the wizard's house.

I have the save game marked and can upload it for anyone who wants to see the issue for themselves.

Last edited by Ichthyic; 10/08/14 10:57 PM.
I
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Works fine for me... also yes, the all fighting all is definitely intended (besides perhaps the lovers killing each other).

Did you verify your files. That invincible orc sounds iffy. Is he named? Did you see the cutscene of them playing Rock, Paper, Scissors and one of the mercs dying before starting the massive battle?

all files validated.

orc is not named. just "elite orc fighter"

there was no cutscene before the argument starts between grutilda and the human leader.

EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean now. not a cutscene really, but a dialogue where one of the mercs dies. Nope, had not activated that before the fight. Have now.

EDIT2: No change. same orc is immortal, regardless of making sure that little exchange triggered or not.

the all fighting all CANNOT be intended, as to finish the quest, you have to talk to one of the human mercs after all the orcs are dead.

you obviously can't do that if they are hostile to you.

Last edited by Ichthyic; 11/08/14 12:43 AM.
nexen #541651 10/08/14 11:26 PM
I
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by nexen
I have this exact same issue. One invincible Level 16 "Elite Orc Fighter" who hangs around in the door to the wizards house. He was originally surrounded by a bunch of mountain warriors and one immaculate who wouldn't attack him. When I attack him it does no damage.
I can't progress the quest.
I read somewhere else online (steam forums?) that before the fight try to give him a single gold piece and supposedly that clears his status?

interesting. I reloaded before I started the "war", and indeed one of the orcs did not have any inventory.

I traded him a gold piece. Will report back on the results of that... but it takes 30 mins or so to finish this thing. :P

EDIT:

nope. made sure every single orc had at least 1 gp in their inventory. no effect. whoever said this fixes it is mistaken.

Last edited by Ichthyic; 11/08/14 12:42 AM.
I
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I
OK, I have done EVERYTHING suggested in this thread, and none of it makes one bit of difference.

no matter what, the same "elite orc fighter" ends up immortal at the end, the human mercs all recognize he is still alive, follow him around even, but cannot do damage to him, same as for my crew.

still cannot complete this quest.

9 tries now.

look folks, this is OBVIOUSLY a bug. I'm not the only one to report it, and the suggested workarounds have absolutely no effect on the outcome.

again, I can upload saves at all stages of this, if anyone wants to check this out for themselves.

It's a bug, plain and simple, and needs to go into the fix list.

Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games. If file size is an issue, any saves not related to the problem can be deleted (and/or you can upload the report somewhere and include a link in your email).

I
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I
will do.

O
stranger
stranger
O
well I kill those four guys outside wizard's house before the war begin.and the mission ends well for me,not sure if that can solve your problem.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I've got the very same problem. The fight starts, and after the first orc vs. human battle, when the surviving inmaculates go chasing the orcs in other zones of the map, everyone turns hostile on me.

If, despite that, I try to kill every hostile character, there's a an orc that remains invulnerable no matter what.

I cannot try the trading 1 gold workaround, as you're supposed to do it with a companion and I'm in a double lone wolf game.

I've been expecting Larian to fix this for some weeks, till then I cannot progress.

Syal #548500 27/08/14 11:16 PM
Support
Support

Have you tried this in 1.0.132 from before triggering the war?

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size you can delete most of your saves; leave one before triggering the was as well as one after with the invulnerable orc.

Raze #548501 27/08/14 11:31 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Raze

Have you tried this in 1.0.132 from before triggering the war?

If by before triggering the war you mean before the talk with Jahrl that initiates the event, yes... I`ve got a savegame just before that and it's the one i've been using. I tried after the last patch to see if it had been fixed, even though no bugfix to that quest was documented in the patch notes.

Originally Posted by Raze
Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size you can delete most of your saves; leave one before triggering the was as well as one after with the invulnerable orc.

Ok, I will. Thanks for the prompt answer!

Syal #548502 27/08/14 11:49 PM
Support
Support

I think this was fixed, but am not sure if it was suppose to have made it into the last update.

Raze #548649 28/08/14 02:30 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Ok, just checked it out. My bad. It has been fixed.

I just asummed that it hadn't been fixed, when, after the very first battle with Grutilda, I approached the place where the fountain with the cat and the skeleton is and all of the villagers, orcish, human, skeletal and feline alike turned hostile on me again. Didn't have the patience to complete the rest of the battles to verify the invulnerable orc was no longer there.

Thanks!

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard