Page 1 of 2 1 2
#535416 02/08/14 04:37 PM
R
ryko Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
did boss at light house and cleared a few level 5 groups but now stuck only fight available to my level 4 group or 4 is 8 tier 5 or tier 6 orcs on beach otherwise all tier 7 and 8. have i missed something?
I don't know what to do with 2 underground rooms i found that each have 4 elemental clicky stones , maybe that's the clue?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Split up your party for the elemental puzzle.

addict
addict
Have you done Arhu's quest yet (Arhu's failed experiment)?

addict
addict
After people were gaining too much exp without even doing everything, they went and toned down the exp gain. This was back during beta. So, as it stands right now, you kind of want to do every little exp rewarding thing possible as soon as you can. That means quests, fights at your level, secrets, waypoints.

At least in the early levels, it's almost mandatory to do every little thing to keep up with the level of the next area you should go to.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
R
ryko Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
It's a shame. I was really trying to play this game without ANY look at walk throughs or hints but being stuck by lack of XP is forcing me. I cant find ANY fights i have a even a remote chance of (already done many fights Over my level lv4 vs lv5 etc) and got extra exploration points sneaking into higher levels. but i am still stuck.
cant figure out the 2 rooms with elemental pillars either, been clicking alternatly in boths rooms there for ages but apart from getting damaged occasionally I cant see any pattern at all.
Pity there is no hints in game.
I don't know Arhu quest cant find it.
starting to wish i had joined the 5 adventurer group might have given XP but it is a rpg and i didn't like them.
I can try answer the ghost questions if i can find his book somewhere.

A
addict
addict
A
I'm with you Ryko. But i did it without reading for tips on playing the game smile. Starting of the game, you have limited gold and you need to save for it to buy the 'essential' skillbooks. Also be sure you are 4 party members (not 2). And there's alot of stuff that you can do to gain XP without combat.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
The 5 adventurer group doesn't give more xp. There is basically no real bad choice from a gameplay point of view, so feel free to role play your way as you did.

The "no hint" and open approach is actually a feature and not a bug. As for the turn by turn combat, this is to revive the old crpg experience. Still I must say some puzzle and quest are unfair at time and require solution that might be seen as cheesing. But on average, resolving a quest is more "rewarding" this way.

As for your problem, a lot of xp can be acquired without even leaving the town. Since you did the lighthouse, you might want to report it to aureus for a lot of xp.

addict
addict
By the by, the two identical rooms puzzle gives you the answer straight up, if you interpret it right.

Read the spoiler if you give up on solving the twin rooms puzzle and want an almost solution:
Without giving away the actual solution, do the following: Note which lever you pull in one room and what element it shoots in its mirror room. Then follow the pattern of what "defeats" what element (i.e. water extinguishes fire, lighting electrifies a water surface)

Also, if you pull the right lever, a the smoke on top of the corresponding pillar in the other room will turn to fire.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
R
ryko Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
im pretty sure, apart from answering the shost in gy questions if i can finda book i cant see any other quest I can do. they all seem to be in areas with high level mobs. I dont mind a tough fight i have to try 3 or 4 times. but my groupo of 4 lv4 cant beat 8 level 5s. and thats the lowest mob i can see.
I did the talking head question and i talked to ghost at light house. ..
another thing I cant really tell from journal if quest is completed or not smirk
makes it tricky
I have tried throwing my pyramid all over the place trying to bypass mobs too but no go! I have questioned everyone at least twice and don't see any new conversation options.
I guess i will have to try find this book but i doubt that quest will give much XP anyway!
maybe i just need to buy lots of potions and try the level 7 mobs! frown

R
ryko Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by EinTroll
By the by, the two identical rooms puzzle gives you the answer straight up, if you interpret it right.

Read the spoiler if you give up on solving the twin rooms puzzle and want an almost solution:
Without giving away the actual solution, do the following: Note which lever you pull in one room and what element it shoots in its mirror room. Then follow the pattern of what "defeats" what element (i.e. water extinguishes fire, lighting electrifies a water surface)

Also, if you pull the right lever, a the smoke on top of the corresponding pillar in the other room will turn to fire.

Thanks. i jagged one room got 4 fires on pillars and then a mystery opponent turned up and now theres a trapdoor but i cannot get the other room. tbh i have trouble telling wtf the symbols are. i mean i can get fire, but then theres one looks like two backward C's one might be a cloud and one black rhomboid with a green teardrop.
the CC makes lightning in other room, the square with green makes something drop and break maybe pottery? the cloud one makes fire and the flame one makes poison. but i tried all combinations of clicking the four switches and i still get no opponent in the second room.
edit just clicked and clicked and eventually by chance must've got right combo some nice loot but not much Xp. atm i really need XP badly so i can go new areas!

Last edited by ryko; 03/08/14 02:06 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by ryko
im pretty sure, apart from answering the shost in gy questions if i can finda book i cant see any other quest I can do. they all seem to be in areas with high level mobs. I dont mind a tough fight i have to try 3 or 4 times. but my groupo of 4 lv4 cant beat 8 level 5s. and thats the lowest mob i can see.
another thing I cant really tell from journal if quest is completed or not smirk
makes it tricky
I have tried throwing my pyramid all over the place trying to bypass mobs too but no go! I have questioned everyone at least twice and don't see any new conversation options.
I guess i will have to try find this book but i doubt that quest will give much XP anyway!

There is an option to hide the completed quest in the quest log.

After the lighthouse the expected area to do is either the south east beach with the orc or the north area through a tunnel where arhu experiment is located. Monster are level 5/6 in these area.

West area should be left for later.

R
ryko Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Mugu
Originally Posted by ryko
makes it tricky

There is an option to hide the completed quest in the quest log.

After the lighthouse the expected area to do is either the south east beach with the orc or the north area through a tunnel where arhu experiment is located. Monster are level 5/6 in these area.

West area should be left for later.

do you mean south west beach/orc? they too strong for me at level 4 same with north.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Yes I somehow confused west and east.

It's true its better to be at least level 5 to attempt these area. There is definitly some quest not started in town. How far are you in the murder investigation?

R
ryko Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Mugu
Yes I somehow confused west and east.

It's true its better to be at least level 5 to attempt these area. There is definitly some quest not started in town. How far are you in the murder investigation?

not far..Discovered thre body has disappeared from morgue but i cant find it, also overall have 4 suspects. I've questioned them all and they dont seem to lead anywhere.
mayor cecil
captain aureus
evelyn
esmeralda

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
As for any investigation, you need to find proof before confronting them. This can be done with at least 2 different way and without leaving town.

In addition, solving undead problem for Aureus yield a ton of xp, and you already did the hardest with the lighthouse fight. With this fight + the xp reward, you should already be level 5.

Did you find the area under the town? There is some level 4 fight and a lot of exploration xp. There is 4 way to get in.

Did you take the pet pal talent? It is the main source of ingame tips and ways to resolve quests.

I tend to be a bit cryptic because I don't want to spoil your game.

R
ryko Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thanks i think i got the underground area, came up in the abandoned house and so on, just had an epic fight with the 8 lv5s, managed to kill all the ranged, then my only remaining member a mage kited the 4 melee around until summon elemental was back up haha i need more resurrection scrolls or a resurrect skill would be nice ( if there is such a skill ), Now i can enter a cave !
they all 5.5 now

stranger
stranger
There is a witchcraft resurrection skill but with a pretty high levelcap (16 afaik).

R
ryko Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
i did a bit more on murder investigation but Im still always fighting mobs ONE level above me. its too frustrating. i think i might start again maybe i missed something earl;y on, and also i need that animal chat ability.
When i was level 3 i was always facing level 4 monster
when i was level 4 It was always level 5 opponents
Now I'm level 5 and only fight is against level 6!

Last edited by ryko; 04/08/14 01:25 PM. Reason: more info
stranger
stranger
If they're only 1 lvl higher then you, it shouldn't be too big of a hassle to turn the tide of battle your way. Use the elements to your advantage (even if you have to create them yourself wink )

Also, don't forget this is a game made by Belgians, so your "Rainfall" spell is pretty damn potent if you know how to use it smile

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
R
ryko Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Im on evelyn fight team are all level 6, now so should be equal fight.
but Im being totally smashed each attempt, even one time i killed the evelyn boss before i lost anyone but still had no chance.
If i use rain 2-3 of my team get stunned and miss too many turns. if i dont use rain evelyn and co fire bomb take all the hp. cant find a strategy yet...

Last edited by ryko; 05/08/14 11:51 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard