Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
W
That's probably one of the hardest fights in the game. You could try heading somewhere else and levelling a bit before attempting it if it's too difficult, or mixing up tactics, buying consumables, improving your equipment/skills etc.

stranger
stranger
Tip: let Jahan cast "Biter Cold" on 1 of the orcs, so you don't have that many going your way. "Rain" makes people not only wet, but also cold so that 1 casting of "Biter Cold" already freezes them.

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
W
W
It doesn't make them 'Chilled', I think is what you meant. But it does freeze since both wet+chilled = freeze and chilled+chilled = freeze.

No orcs in that fight, but it's possible the enemy are weak to water damage since they seem to be fire-heavy.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by ryko
Im on evelyn fight team are all level 6, now so should be equal fight.
but Im being totally smashed each attempt, even one time i killed the evelyn boss before i lost anyone but still had no chance.
If i use rain 2-3 of my team get stunned and miss too many turns. if i dont use rain evelyn and co fire bomb take all the hp. cant find a strategy yet...

Hard fight indeed. Your first turn is of utmost importance for the outcome of the battle.
Here are several tips for opening the fight:

Charm the hell-charred skelly sergeant or something with a charm arrow or a thief charming touch (optional divine light power to ensure success during the 3 turn duration). It will summon an archer who will also fight to your side for the duration of the charm. One charm = -1 enemy, + 2 allies.

The hell ram are set to explode when killed. They have very low hp; one teleport should be enough to kill it and trigger the explosion where you want it. Avoid using after opening since the fire explosion can heal some fire based enemies.

The enemy are very close to each other. A static cloud arrow can stun everyone (repeatable every 2 turn), short of evelyn which will likely save against it. Boulder dash is also very effective.

Spread your party to limit damage of second turn Evelyn fireball.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard