Next Thread
Print Thread
K
khratos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
So the quest "closing the rift" has you dodge demons left and right and get to the blood stone that powers and upon destruction banishes them...

These demons cannot be harmed even if zixzax said something along the lines of them being harmed by tenebrium, but tenebrium is indeed required for the blood stone itself

A demon here a demon there , upon destruction they get banished and you get some xp but not the xp for their deaths...

Sad for us power gamers where we can't get enuf' BUT here's the interestin part , I'm a bit curious, a few steps from the blood stone itself , there's an altar where you can view the demon chief down below , infront of his portal...

This demon is called "Ulthrax'Ulkar" now every demon around is affected by the void aura and the question stands, CAN WE kill it? and by kill i mean without the instant death it gets from the destruction of the blood stone

argue with an idiot and he will drag you to his level then beat you with experience
enthusiast
enthusiast
If it bleeds we can kill it.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I don't think so unfortunately, though it's strange the devs would go through the trouble to name a monster otherwise.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Well, if they replace void aura with invulnerable we can kill it.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Very frustrating area, indeed. They tease us with an epic battle and then NOTHING!!!

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
I thought it was pretty cool that those demons were unbeatable.
The little munchkin inside of me was a bit disappointed, but the rest of myself really enjoyed having to sneak past them and destroying the blood stone (i'm used to games that you can just brute force your way to everything so it was a nice change of pace for me).

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I just used the middle path to do this quest, simply by tanking my way through them(normal difficulty, Enhanced Edition) and since I was considered in battle with 6 of those demons plus the boss ulthrax'ulkar, I got the experience for their death. Each demon gave 6000xp and the boss gave 12000xp.
So I guess its possible to get the experience for all the demons in the dungeon including the doglike demons if you are tankish enough to engage them all in a fight and kill the Bloodstone. I really wish there was a less cheaper way to do it.

Edit: redid it with all demons this time which amounts to 81600xp. You can do this after having killed all the immaculates for max EXP. The rams are worth 3600xp each.

Last edited by Finito; 30/05/16 10:13 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard