Next Thread
Print Thread
#536935 05/08/14 03:56 AM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Is it possible to mod in bald characters in the character creation screen? I saw that it is possible for certain female hair types (see link) but no one has done it yet for bald men and women heros everywhere...

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/19/?tab=3&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fdivinityoriginalsin%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D19%26user%3D1&pUp=1

You all rock,

R/UP

journeyman
journeyman
yeh can be done easily, matter of fact I'm writing a tutorial on how to do that.

Last edited by FromHolland; 05/08/14 03:37 PM.
I was able to mod in the bald head by replacing a PC hairstyle with a companion NPC hairstyle, but there's a problem unfortunately: you get a large gap in the texture around the base of your skull. It looks like your head is disconnected and floats an inch above your body.

Which rather sucks. I wish someone just made a proper replacement for the stupid mohawk hairstyle without hijacking a companion hairstyle. The mohawk is "almost" bald, and doesn't have a texture gap problem.

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
journeyman
journeyman
ok, also do you want to be able to select other hairstyles as well? If not its very easy, otherwise youll need to create an empty model hairstyle if you know what i mean

edit: dunno if it works but maybe just create a hairstyle that doesnt link to e map key?

Last edited by FromHolland; 05/08/14 04:20 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Well just a bald mod for your main male hero is easy

Code
http://speedy.sh/GYm7M/DOS-Bald-Mod.rar

but make it an actual hairstyle you really need to do more stuff

also this one corrupts files for multiplayer. I can make it a proper mod if so desired

edit: just unpack to the data map

Last edited by FromHolland; 05/08/14 04:44 PM.
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thank you so much! That is exactly what I want!!!!!!!!!!! You are the best! I would love to commend you if I could laugh

journeyman
journeyman
no problem m8 smile glad I could help!

G
stranger
stranger
G
Holland, this is great but do you think you could (or tell me how to) make it into an added hairstyle and useable in multiplayer? In single player, it forces both characters to be bald if they are male.

journeyman
journeyman
aight message heard, gonna finish some stuff on my own little mod for steam and maybe tomorrow ill look into it, shouldnt be that difficult smile

G
stranger
stranger
G
You're the best, man! Do you know at all how difficult it is to modify models? I've also wanted to be able to change faces, maybe even get more accurate portraits, but I'd rather know how viable it is before delving myself into it. Or, I could pay a modder, but that's a different story.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Any luck with the bald character selectable mod?

Link Copied to Clipboard