Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Does the quality of the bow and the dex of the archer have any effect on the use of the special arrows? I'm on a playthrough where my characters aren't particularly dex based and I'm building up a stock of all of these special arrows.

W
W
Some of them do x% weapon damage e.g. I think water arrow is 40% weapon damage as water damage. I think you can see this somehow, but I'm not sure how. Perhaps it's when you're in a barter screen.

Not sure but I would expect the damage is weapon damage + bow/xbow skill. Those arrows will do more damage with xbows since they have higher base damage.

Dex doesn't have any effect on special arrows other than allowing you to use the bow/xbow. They all have 100% hit chance and that is the only thing dex affects in this case (except ability to use the weapon).

Other than damage and ability to use the weapon in the first place, there is no benefit of dex for special arrows.

HTH

enthusiast
enthusiast
The success rate of the status effects doesn't change with the bow or dex score. In other words, you can just give your mage a low level bow if you want to have access to more long range Charm or stun variants.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Okay, thanks guys.

journeyman
journeyman
This lead me to ask this question, how many Dex. 5 bow have you come across?

So far, I've only found 1 per game and I've played many times. Maybe it's the RNG, maybe there's only 1?

Link Copied to Clipboard