Print Thread
M
Murpher Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I'm stuck at level nine.

I can't beat the orcs (around level 12) in the forest.

I can't beat whats-his-face Braccus Rex and his cronies either.

I can't beat those blasted cultists (led by Loic).

I cant' find anywhere else to go where I don't get slaughtered.

Up until this point, I had found my battles challenging but not impossible. I have a weird issue with lowering difficulty options in games. I really want to play the whole thing on "normal" difficulty, but I'm at a loss and for the first time I've become frustrated with the game, which I have totally fallen in love with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

E
stranger
stranger
E
You missed something.

Spoiler 1:
White witch

Spoiler 2:
Go to her hut

Spoiler 3:
Talk to mushrooms

Spoiler 4:
Open hut either by killing mushrooms or by finding Maradino's scroll, which you find to the west of the drunken goblins/flowers outside the northeastern entrance of Silverglen

Last edited by eskuche; 07/08/14 02:27 AM.
M
Murpher Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Oh my god, THANK YOU.

I have been there twice, but I never noticed any talking anything. I will go give it a shot right now. THANKS.

A
stranger
stranger
A
At level 9 you should be able to beat Braccus Rex and his posse. If not you might be in trouble going where eskuche suggested. Couple of hints for Braccus:

- Always keep someone in his melee range. If necessary dump a fire elemental or a skeleton or some other summon at his feet and make sure it keeps following him no matter what. In case no one is close to him he'll use that damn meteor shower which usually spells trouble, if not instant death.

- Braccus melee damage is manageable, his spells are not.

- The ghoul is the nastiest of the bunch. He tends to set up a very mean 1-2-punch with the fire elemental, dropping poison on you that the elemental detonates. If possible send him a fireball immediately, as long as he still stands in his ooze. That detonation will hurt him badly.

- One great strategy is to immediately focus down the fire elemental with everything you have (whilst keeping Braccus under control, of course), and then use the Teleportation spell (Aerotheurge) to dump the Baron of Bones and the Ghoul into the lava puddle he leaves behind. This will kill them instantly.

- Keep Braccus alive for last, he has by far the highest HP and is more of a nuisance to kill than the others. Go for either the Ghoul first or, if you have the burst damage, the Elemental for the Teleport tactic.

- I'm not entirely sure if either of the bosses can be crowd controlled, try if you can use the Rain / Bitter Cold combo or one of the early game knockdowns (Boulder Bash, Crushing Fist) on the Baron or the Ghoul.

It's a hard fight, no question there. It was the only time where I ever had to resurrect one of my guys during the fight instead of afterwards, but at level 9 it should be manageable.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I Easily managed at level 10 braccus rex with about 2-3 legendary items on both of my characters, lone wolves and glass cannon on hard difficulty , not died with any character, left braccus die last and only reload i had was at the deathblow for gettin better loot , on my first playthrough I had full party and was level 9 aswell , died the first attempt when he threw a fire storm and cut my team to bits in the first round heh

THE aproach to the boss is that he starts to chat, so take advantage to that , if you have full party instead of just the two like i had ( and even then) unlink them , put them in positions around the boss but as much sepparation between eachother as possible
The twin by fire joined can be killed fast by throwin ice spells at him indeed he is very dangerous as he will make your party a burn fest if left alive for too long, DO not bother givin a fire elemental on him to tank since most of the times he'll ignore the pet and go for the party members, but if you can summon an ice elemental and let that pet focus on this boss, he's as good as dead ALSO THIS boss can kill you after the fight when you're left collecting goodies... he becomes lava terrain or a bugged unextiguishable fire puddle upon death so keep the melee away (no tornado available at that point, only rain and it did not work with rain or terrain icing )

The ghoul that oozes and bounces like mad can face 1 spider and be killed by that spider in 2 turns , LAUGHABLE... just make sure you can summon the spider in the first round and as close as next to that boss to make sure teh spidey will hit instead of chase ( carefull with his bounces, wait for the animation then hit... else you risk wastin points for nothin' )

The baron will do attacks of opportunity , he's not much of a threat can be crowd controled by a few spells i think like freeze electrify etc , again he's not that much a big of a deal...

and the boss , well he's gonna go hit your mages most likely or the squishy party members, make sure you heal them or put up a fortify or become air or what not as long as you stay close to him he usually just does hits and runs around with no purpose

argue with an idiot and he will drag you to his level then beat you with experience

Link Copied to Clipboard