Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#538366 07/08/14 02:36 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Is it worth to open a chest Level 20 at Level 5?? Specifically an Ornate Chest (a blue one, with fire)... this is weird because I can get legend/rare items opening Level 5 chests, but this is the second Level 20 that I find that gives me only crap!

journeyman
journeyman
You could always mine for loot in chest by saving the game first before opening.

As the saying goes, 'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!' wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
As far as I know, the level of the items in a chest are set in advance.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm always saving the game before looting chests hehe. Btw, I heard a lot of players, in this forum and other places, commenting that too many chests' loot are somehow "broken", since they are giving only crap... they said that it gets worse when you advance on level, and I'm really starting to feel it!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Personally, I realized that chests are better be opened whenever you stumble upon them. For example, if you wait until you're level 20 and go back to Cyseal to open a few chests you chose to skip when you started the game, the loot you will find will mostly be level 5-8 or so. It doesn't scale to 20... there's a limit! Therefore, just open everything you find and don't think too much about it! The best gear you'll get often comes from high level vendors, and those do scale with your level, up until 20! Chests stuff is most of the time meant as another form of cash.

stranger
stranger
Loot in chests is all random and like someone already said if you save just before you open any chest and then open it, if you don't like what you got you can reload and open it again to get different loot until you get the loot that suits your part members better.

If you notice a chest giving legendary item(s) you can usually reload until it gives the max number of legendary items. So it might be best to save before opening any chest and see if it is dropping legendary items or not. You may have to open it a few times to see if it does drop legendary items.

The only chest I have come across that I can't open is a magically locked one that is in the area of the Old Church in Cyseal where you kill Braccus(SP?) and the four boss fight that can be a bit tough.

You can just pick up that chest and take it with you and wait until you come across a magic unlock spell, which is what I had to do with that one.

Last edited by Elamber Quinn; 09/08/14 07:35 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard