Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#124076 30/10/03 11:51 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So, even though i just killed the Lies guy with a warrior, who cares, I started an assasin. So now, Ben wants beer, so i went and picked up the bottle of ale behind the castle and took it back to him, but it wont give me the option to give it to him (unless i open trade) so i went and bought him some beer, he still tells me to hurry up he's drying out or something like that. Anyway, what did i do wrong?

#124077 31/10/03 03:04 AM
veteran
veteran
http://www.kiya1.via.t-online.de/images/Div_castl.jpg.html

I made a cross where I got the beer bottle from - some gamers took beer out of the guard barrack (west).

If you haven't got the option to give the bottle to him via speech option, you probably haven't got the correct one - OR (one gamer had this) too many beer/ale etc in your inventory.

Try this: Put all your booze on the ground and just keep one bottle in your inventory when you address him. If bottle A doesn't work, try bottle B and put A on the ground.
Kiya

#124078 31/10/03 08:20 AM
veteran
veteran
note: there is another way to do this quest & that's OUT of stormfist castle. look for ben on the northern side of the castle wall & talk with him. that's how i solve of one the stormfist quests without going in.

......a gift from LaFille......
stranger
stranger
17 years later, having the same problem. Got the beer in my inventory, one bottle (the one from the house on the right of the caste), but Ben won't take it.

Could I have broken the quest by talking to Ben from below the castle walls, before entering the castle?

Support
Support

I don't think talking to him before entering the castle should cause a problem. Do you have any other beer you can try?

kiya #668243 15/06/20 12:27 PM
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by kiya
http://www.kiya1.via.t-online.de/images/Div_castl.jpg.html

I made a cross where I got the beer bottle from - some gamers took beer out of the guard barrack (west).

If you haven't got the option to give the bottle to him via speech option, you probably haven't got the correct one - OR (one gamer had this) too many beer/ale etc in your inventory.

Try this: Put all your booze on the ground and just keep one bottle in your inventory when you address him. If bottle A doesn't work, try bottle B and put A on the ground.
Kiya

Can someone enlighten us as to where exactly that cross is (since kiya's links are now dead) or otherwise explain exactly and precisely which bottle of beer this Ben wants and where to get it?

stranger
stranger
Sorry Raze for replying so late, I did not notize I had gotten an answer (actually had decided to think that no one was active on here anymore :x)

I think for my broken quest: The actual reason might be that I bought an old CD version of the game? Because I never had this problem (or the one with the cow-thief disappearing, or the one with Markus lost delivery quest breaking, ...) with the Steam version. I just bought the CD because I am no longer using Steam - now I sure got to appreciate the service of automatic updates and patches! smile

That said, I just played through the game without Ben's beer. Sorry, Ben :<

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard