Next Thread
Print Thread
#539699 08/08/14 02:28 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
First i want to say that i LOVE this game!

So i have 2 melee and 2 magic users. Some may disagree but i want to have both magic users to have all the schools of magic (1 point) then i will concentrate on specializing on only 2 schools for each.

Anyway, i saved up some points so i can put them in the other schools but the vendors do not have all the spells for me to buy so its useless to give my second caster geomancer specialty when i can't even buy him boulder bash cause the vendor doesn't have it.

I know that when i level the vendor will have different spells but that doesn't help me now!

I just want to equip my casters with all their spells but it seems there is limited number for each school.

How can i get my casters all my spells? I don't care if it's a cheat to get them, i just want them! It's the only thing that is making the game less fun for me. My party is level 5 but my casters have 4 saved ability points each i can't even use.

would love to hear suggestions as long as they are not, "only concentrate on 2 schools" smile

Frank S.

W
W
You have two options that don't involve messing with game files.

One is just to wait, and make do without the particularly spells you're wanting until the vendors have them to buy.

The other is to craft the skillbook if you have the necessary scrolls (which you can, possibly, get by crafting). You can find a recipe on the forums here.

Also

There is a magical poison arrow skillbook by the lighthouse in the western section of Cyseal if you want an offensive Geomancer spell

R
R
Well you can just go on a skillhunt each level if you want to grab all the books. You can just quicksave the game before you talk to a vendor after leveling, if the vendor doesn't have anything you want quick reload and repeat untill your satisfied.

However in the early game there is really not that many spells you could possibly need, when you have Jahan and 1 of your main characters as a mage there is really no need to give both of them a ton of the same spells either.

Assuming you specialize your main character in fire/earth and Jahan in air/water you can get away with like 1 point in each school and specialize further in the other 2 schools.

Aside form the fact there are between like 90-100 spells, you can not start the game with them all and can never have them all anyway. Part of the journey is picking up the ones you want and if they dont drop you can choose to do a little "savescumming" to roll the dice in your favor.

Assuming that you will get Jahan in your party, your starting mage can safely take 1 point into each at character creation. From my point of view I feel that taking up flare, teleportation and then summon spider are prolly one of the more straightforward starting combinations. Once the game begins you can then start your spellhunt. It would be wise to have like an idea or a sheet with the spells you want and which level you can use them. I happen to do that and it was fairly helpfull although it might be a bit redundant.

I decided to start with 1 point in each school and the 3 skills I noted above and then decided to try and fill my open spots asap with an array of skills, basicly planning till level 7-10.

Witchcraft

Oath of desecration - 1
Absorb the elements - 4
... (drain willpower 10, summon undead decapitator 10)

Aerothurge

Teleportation - 1
Blit Boltz - 1 (Incase stuff is immune to fire and this works well with Jahan his rain.)
Featherfall - 10

Hydrosophist

Minor heal - 1
Strong regenerate - 7
Cleansing water - 10 (Ice shard 4, Piercing ice shard 7 also viable options with just 1 points in Hydro)

and if you spec in Pyrokinetic/Geomancer then you will have enough skillslots to pick up most usefull spells.

This is basicly the opposite of what you wanted to hear as this advice leans towards the idea of pick up all the 5 schools and focus on 2.

It is pretty much impossible to get all the spells in the game, besides you only have 50 action bars, so unless you feel like pressing K every battle and scrolling through 55 spells and casting them from the skill menu... I think focusing on 2 schools on 1 mage is the best idea, however if you really want to get 55 spells then use save game editor or cheat engine and set all the 5 schools upto rank 5. I would advice that for a 2nd playthrough though.

With kind regards,

Rashar.

Last edited by Rashar; 08/08/14 03:38 PM.
Rashar #540392 09/08/14 06:29 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Now, I would say, put one point in each school. The way that you can increase your chances to have lots of points for your spells would be to use the "Hall of Secrets" and the other vendor (I for his name) that allows you to trade 1 Talent point for 10 skill points. Take only the Talents that you need (which should not be too many with a mage) and trade the rest for skill points. I can not tell how the endgame will be with a non-lone wolf mage, but with my (LW) mage, I have 2 schools at 5, 2 schools at 4 and 1 at level 3. My defenses are good (at least 3 in each) and I have both blacksmith & crafting at 5. Lore master is at 4 (trying to find some good to get it to 5) My resistances are over 100%, which is great because I can use the fire spells and sit in them, while the enemies take damage. My character is level 18 and I think I am almost done with the game...

Originally Posted by Rashar
It would be wise to have like an idea or a sheet with the spells you want and which level you can use them.

For the planning, you can use my guide, which gives a good detailed look into every skill and which level you get them.

You can find it here: SKILL GUIDE

I hope the information I provided you helps.

Last edited by Wolfen2; 09/08/14 06:34 AM.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thank you all very much for the input!!

Link Copied to Clipboard