Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I love you guys/gals, but you all made me freaking hate you yesterday...well this morning. I had the pleasure of fight king Boreas for the first time. My main character is a elemental wizard and he had been almost completely neutralized this whole fight. So, let me get this straight, not only is he immune to 90 percent of my spells, her also heals off of them

Oh, Lets not forget about the summoning he did ever 3-4 turns. is is how the whole fight went for me up until he died, but the summons that finished me off.

Main wizard; summons undead decapitator

undead decapitator; focuses king Boreas while the twins pound on him.

Johan; Summons ice elemental to tank and help hold of any extra elementals

Everyone else is either frozen, knocked down, or stunned.

Eventually, king Boreas but not before killed johan, Rodrick, and freezing madora.

Madora dies to electric twins and me as a last move tries to flee by moving Scarlett away from them. She slips on ice and is down for 2 turns, then dies and I lose.

Then I curl up in the beetle position and start sucking my thumb before crying myself to sleep.

Sad part is I did a little research or cheating and figured out that I don't even get to keep the elemental staff as a awesome weapon. I love Larian studios but I hate you guys right now!

Note; since I know someone will take this that way so no this isn't a post asking for help or how to beat him, and no I don't really hate them. They've quickly become one of my favorite game dev companies. They caught me with ego draconis, won me with dragon commander, and blow me away with original sins.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Killing the elemental statues make him lose his elemental shields. Except water, it still heals the ice king.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Mental Poison
Killing the elemental statues make him lose his elemental shields. Except water, it still heals the ice king.

Actually beat him like not to long after posting; Undead decapitator ftw! I almost cried again since he killed madora and johan before dying, and scarlett/rodreck knew the definition of cc hell. Yet again summons saved my life XD. I'm still crying about that staff though.......

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
There are snow boots you can find outside which prevent you from slipping.
Increasing bodybuilding and willpower will help prevent you from being stunned/knocked down/frozen

Gotta build up your defenses, and make preparations.

Link Copied to Clipboard