Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
gbnf Offline OP
OP Offline
I found a few Tenebrium bars in the luculla mine with the dead Death Knights. When I picked them up the journal said that Brandon would be happy with them. When I finally got back to town I clicked on retirement plan he did not acknowledge that I had them. I tried getting rid of all the bars but one, but he still didn't acknowledge that I had any. I saw that there were tenebrium ore there in that room as well, but they were a lot heavier. Why did my journal indicate that I had made progress in the quest to only have Brandon indicating that he had no clue I had the prize?

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Have you talked to Brandon with the character who actually has Tenebrium in his/her inventory? If - say - Madora is carrying Tenebrium and Roderick initiates the dialogue, then you do not get the appropriate text lines from Brandon.

gbnf Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Elwyn
Have you talked to Brandon with the character who actually has Tenebrium in his/her inventory? If - say - Madora is carrying Tenebrium and Roderick initiates the dialogue, then you do not get the appropriate text lines from Brandon.

I just checked it. Roderick has the Blood Stone Cage, which has the tenebrium bars. He is the one who talked to Brandon, who still does not acknowledge that I have the tenebrium.

apprentice
apprentice
Do you have bars or ore?
He might just recognise ore and ignore the bars.
I didn't have any bars and went back to him with just 1 ore in the cage, the quest progressed without any problems.

gbnf Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Larzare
Do you have bars or ore?
He might just recognise ore and ignore the bars.
I didn't have any bars and went back to him with just 1 ore in the cage, the quest progressed without any problems.

Just the bars. When I picked up the ore my journal didn't do anything. When I picked up the bars the journal indicated that Brandon would be happy, so I figured he wanted the finished product.

gbnf Offline OP
OP Offline
Luckily I had a previous save point. Even though the ore does not trigger progress for the quest. You won't be able to finish the quest unless you have the ore. Kinda annoying.

apprentice
apprentice
Well, as I said: for me the quest did progress once I picked up tenebrium ore.
There are actually 2 places you can get ore to finish this quest:
1. in the Troll King's cave (as the quest would suggest)
2. in the Luculla forest mines, there is a tenebrium deposit you can mine.

You also find tenebrium ore on the Death Knights an the end of the mines but I'm not sure if they progress the quest and if you can finish it with those. Why do I say this? Because after picking them up and sending them to my homestead I now have 2 stacks of tenebrium ore, so they might be recognised as different.

Glad you could finish the quest though!

Last edited by Larzare; 10/08/14 09:38 AM.
veteran
veteran
Actually, I looted a bar in the Sacred Stone, and that allowed me to turn it in to Brandon (few patches back though)... don't think it gave me a questupdate though... since it triggered a convo with the smith apprentice I thought it was added to his store... only back in Silverglen did I found out it got added to the crate.
Worth a shot?

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
For some reason picking Tenebrium ore through mining with pickaxe in Luculla mines will not trigger that ore was picked up and Brandon will not register that you have it.

There is an easy workaround:
Drop the ore from the box to the group and then pick it up. Now Brandon will register that you have the ore and quest can be completed.

Link Copied to Clipboard