Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#541081 09/08/14 08:40 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Joined: Aug 2013
Hello! I'm French and I'm sorry for my bad English.

But I'm even more sorry that Larian thinks I'm an idiot: /

For starters, it's crazy that you're Belgian, so that you speak fluent French, and you are unable to make such a complete game in French and English.

But good. Here I have the game on steam and as full of players dialogues with the main characters (eg Esmeralda, Madora etc) are invisible. I only see what my personal and it prevents understanding.

Frankly for a game that costs 40 euros after a kickstarter on which you have already received the money ... thank you take us for idiots!

I have ALL your games. I love your games. But this is not the first time that I have a technical problem with disabling and it annoys me.

So are you going to release a patch soon?

_____________________________________________________________

Bonjour !

Mais je suis encore plus d駸ol de voir que Larian me prend pour un idiot smirk

Pour commencer, c'est fou que vous soyez belges, donc que vous parliez couramment fran軋is, et que vous soyez incapables de faire un jeu aussi complet en fran軋is qu'en anglais.

Mais bon. L j'ai le jeu sur steam et comme plein de joueurs les dialogues avec les personnages principaux (par exemple Esmeralda, Madora etc), sont invisibles. Je ne vois que ce que dit mon perso et 霆 emp鮖ケhe toute compr馼ension.

Franchement pour un jeu qui co?e 40 euros apr鑚 un kickstarter sur lequel vous avez d駛 re輹 du fric... merci de nous prendre pour des abrutis !

J'ai TOUS vos jeux. J'adore vos jeux. Mais ce n'est pas la premi髑スe fois que j'ai un soucis technique handicapant avec et 霆 finit par m'ennuyer s駻ieusement de voir que vous r鬥熔mpensez vos fans de la sorte.

Donc est ce que vous allez sortir un patch bient? ?

Last edited by Atherelm; 09/08/14 08:42 PM.
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Larian Studios
Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada

Yes, there should be a patch soon to fix the French and German dialogue. It was a problem with the latest update, and will be fixed.

Bug des dialogues fran軋is : correction dans ce post

Joined: Oct 2006
F
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
F
Joined: Oct 2006
Originally Posted by Raze

Yes, there should be a patch soon to fix the French and German dialogue. It was a problem with the latest update, and will be fixed.

Bug des dialogues fran軋is : correction dans ce post

You are probably linking something you didn't tested, the solution described solves nothing.

Non translated dialogs aren't shown in English anymore.

Joined: Jun 2014
Location: France
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: France
Thank you, Raze. Your knowledge is still valuable. wink

Like Atherelm, I have dialogue boxes that only show the lines of my avatar, not the ones from the NPC I'm talking to (Esmeralda, for instance). And sometines, opening the journal doesn't show either the lines from the NPC's (like Maxine or other animals, and yes, I have the Pet talent).

Oh, and Atherelm, the studio is based in a Flemish region of Belgium. They don't necessarily speak (nor have to) French. Of course, that doesn't excuse the quality of the translation or the invisible dialogue.

Joined: Oct 2010
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2010
Hello,
a small geography lesson:
Belgium is composed by 3 regions: french, dutch and german.

60% of the population is dutch. The other 40% are divided between french and german people.

They almost all speak french, that's true, some of the dutch are even perfect bilingual.
It turns out that the team who developed this game is dutch.

French is not dutch's people mother tong and we may guess that a translation by them would not be of high quality.
Ok I agree the one we got is also of poor quality, which is sad as DKS, for example, was quite good, but this is not the point.

Secondly, this team is very small. They are not Obsidian or Blizzard or whatever other big player on the game development scene.
The Kickstarter financed 25% of the cost. The company injected the other 75%, that means, 3.000.000$.

Larian is a serious company and I'm quite sure another patch will quickly follow.

Hav a nice day smile

Now the french version as we all know the english level of our friends smile

--------------------
(Caracteres speciaux enleves car ils passent pas sur le forum)

Salut,
petite lecon de geographie:
la Belgique est composee de 3 regions: francaise, flammande et allemande.

60% de la population est flammande, les autres 40% sont divises entre francophones et allemands (grande majorite francophone).

Cela dit beaucoup de flammands parlent le francais il est vrai, certains sont meme parfaitement bilingues. Il n'en reste pas moins que ce n'est pas leur langue maternelle et un vrai traducteur professionnel n'est pas cense faire de traduction vers une langue qui n'est pas sa langue maternelle. Toujours d'une autre langue vers sa langue maternelle.

Les gens qui ont develope ce jeu sont flammands.

Comme le francais n'est pas leur langue maternelle on peut aisement imaginer que la traduction n'aurait pas ete de grande qualite.
Je suis d'accord que celle que l'on a ne l'est pas non plus, ce qui est triste car celle de DKS, par exemple, etait tres bonne, mais ce n'est pas le sujet.

Ensuite, cette equipe est tres petite. Ce n'est pas Obsidian ou Blizzard ou une quelconque autre grosse boite.
Le Kickstarter a finance 25% du jeu. Les 75% restants, cad 3.000.000$ ont ete mis par Larian.

Larian est une companie serieuse et je suis confiant qu'un autre patch va suivre rapidement.

Passe un bon dimanche smile
Imarion

Last edited by Imarion; 10/08/14 05:42 AM.
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: France
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: France
Originally Posted by Imarion
Now the french version as we all know the english level of our friends smile


WHAT YOU SAY ?

Joined: Aug 2014
T
stranger
Offline
stranger
T
Joined: Aug 2014
Puisqu'on est entre personnes parlant francais, vous m'excuserez de ne pas m'embeter a ecrire en anglais (et vous m'excuserez aussi pour les lettres accentuees manquantes, non prises en compte par ce forum...)

Bref, ces quelques lignes pour indiquer que la methode de Brutator82, propos dans le post de Raze, marche parfaitement chez moi. Pour information, j'ai utilis la solution 1, c'est-a-dire remplacer le fichier french.xml situ dans le repertoire Data\Localization\French par celui fourni par Brutator82.

J'ai depuis fait plusieurs essai, ayant repere plusieurs discussions manquantes, et tout semble nickel, les dialogues disparus s'affichant, qui plus est en francais (seuls restent en anglais ceux qui n'etaient de toute facon pas encore traduits).

Et pour etre tout fait complet, je joue avec une version pris sur GOG et non sur Steam.

Last edited by Tchess; 10/08/14 12:23 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5