Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
You know, a basic setting where I wouldn't need to do all the copy pasting for something that doesn't work. Is is in the work yet ? Ever ?

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Well that depends on what you want to work.

My mod works with almost no copy/pasting from the main mod. some people would need a lot of copy pasting.

If you want everything to work right off the bat you can just import the main mod as a base, but you're putting in a lot of things you dont need. Trouble is, we dont know what you need until we know your specific mod.

Last edited by RestarttGaming; 11/08/14 11:39 AM.
addict
OP Offline
addict
I want to create a mod from scratch. No reference to the main mod (beside items, stuff like that).
I don't want : " "start a new mod". Ok, what do I need to copy paste ? What third party software do I need to use ?"
I just want to be able to start a new mod, like it happens in many user friendly editors. I know, Larian never said their editor would be user friendly...
I want to be able to follow the tuts, with the same results if I do the same things, not " "_Start" where is it meh", or the other fat bunch of bullshits people have been experiencing.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 11/08/14 12:02 PM.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
...... I can make a mod that just has the _Start in it, which is all you need to get started, but i'm afraid that if you're not willing to learn how to import or recreate that one file, your modding career will be rather short. There are a bunch of things in this editor you're going to have to read how to do, because it's different than a lot of editors. Most of it we've figured out, some is new ground, but if thats not to your liking, this is just a fair warning that thats the way it is.

For example, the tutorials use all the code from main, so to get speaking to a global character to work, you'll have to put in an extra line thats not in the tutorial. We've covered it a lot on the forums, but theres a few things like that you'll have to be aware of.

Last edited by RestarttGaming; 11/08/14 12:24 PM.
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Things will settle down as Larian update the tools (they have stated that the toolset is not as complete as they had hoped to have it at release). Meanwhile the community is pitching in to fill the gaps. In my experience this is not uncommon for early releases of modding tools. If you don't want to learn the extra stuff, you should probably wait a while longer.

Personally I am poking around the editor and learning slowly so that I will be better prepared once it has become a bit more user friendly.

Last edited by Rymdkejsaren; 11/08/14 02:23 PM.

Join #TheDivinityEngine at irc.gamesurge.net, help build a live modding community! Related forum topic here.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks for answering lads.
I am not new to the modding scene, and I know how it works (back from the NWN Toolset).
The release is fresh, and we ho^pefully receive some improvements from users feedbacks.
I also know starting "too fast" can mess up things, has the devs can release updates that make previous works not working.
I will take Rymdkejsaren 's option, and wait some more until Larian fixes/improves his stuff.
Some official news would be nice, tho. What is planned, what the devs are working on, and so on.
Happy modding hehe

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere

Link Copied to Clipboard