Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Ezmeth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
After learning the Death Knight Bane spell and leaving the mines, I can't get access back in there! The portals are gone and the entrance is gone. What's the point of that spell if I can't go back in and kill them? I'm obviously missing something. Don't mind any spoilers at this point.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
You need it later...

T
T
? you've "learned" the spell already, or you just learned about the spell, and you need two components for it to be made?

if you've already learned the spell, you will meet death knights later in the game, the mine is closed for good.

E
Ezmeth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
damn! A little game warning would have been nice! I didn't collect all the tenebrium in there (although it seems I already have enough) and hadn't explored everything yet... Did I miss much? I had already done the prison and freed Twixxit (or whatever the imp's name is)

@ teardropmina - Yep, I combined the blood and the book and learned it right after leaving. What exactly triggers the closing of the mines? Is it as soon as you enter the portal or is it after leaving or after learning the spell?

Spoiler - The problem is that I killed a bunch of spiders and some of their respective freak-cult after that and don't want to go through all of it again. Speaking of which, during that arachnid carnage, is there supposed to be some kind of quest or side quest because my journal didn't get updated once during all that (killed the queen, spoke to the lost merchant, spoke to the cultists waiting for the eggs etc etc... and nothing...)

Last edited by Ezmeth; 13/08/14 02:36 PM.
addict
addict
Yeah I kind of left the place without finishing some stuff. In fact I carried some goblin's head with me the whole game because the guy wanting it didn't want it anymore after the mines were destroyed. I suppose I was supposed to go through just some of the mine, then go out and turn some stuff in, and then go back in to finish the mine.

Course there is no indicator in game that you need to do that.

E
Ezmeth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
I've still got the head too! The guy didn't want it back and now I have no idea if I should hold on to it or not... there's a bit to be updated here I think...

Last edited by Ezmeth; 13/08/14 03:14 PM.
T
T
the goblin head is useless after you finished the quest.

guess the mine is not accessible after you run from the death knights, stepping into the portal.

the spider cultists should counted as unmarked quest? no quest entry for me.

as for the spider queen,

the goblin trader (met before going into the desert) will tell you that the queen loves some sweet talking; you can pet talk + high charisma her to get a different kind of encounter

addict
addict
Originally Posted by teardropmina
SNIP
the goblin trader (met before going into the desert) will tell you that the queen loves some sweet talking; you can pet talk + high charisma her to get a different kind of encounter

Really? I could have swore I was attacked on site without any option for that.

E
Ezmeth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
I remember that. I did talk to that guy but as I approached the queen spider it was already red

T
T
spoiler to view:)

to view it in full screen, please go directly to youtube:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8x7P2umfZs&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by teardropmina; 13/08/14 07:26 PM.
addict
addict
So that only happens if you have high Charisma?

What the heck is that screen resolution anyway? I could not play the game looking like that.

T
T
yeah, this led me to think that Larian originally wanted to do more with Charisma, but in the end, it's getting scrapped, and this encounter is the sole remain of that not realized maybe. as it stands now, 2 Charisma would give you advantage over almost all RSP situation~

I played the game @6050x1080.

addict
addict
The RPS ... don't want to start on that but it really gets old fast, and when it stops you from doing what you want to do ... or selecting what you know is the correct answer to a set of three questions ... it just gets in the way.

Never seen PC resolution like that before. Can't imagine how to play like that.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Never seen PC resolution like that before. Can't imagine how to play like that.

Triple monitor setup, maybe? Though it's not divisible by three, so I dunno...

J'aime le fromage.
T
T
yes, it's triple monitor setup, 3x 1920x1080. not every game support ultra wide resolutions, fortunately for me, D:OS does.

E
Ezmeth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
I remember distinctly having 2 in charisma when that happened (or in my case did NOT happen) and only added some more later... could be the reason but not sure.

T
T
if you have low charisma, she will talk to your pet pal character, offering intimate, charm, and reason option. but it will never work, just end with combat.

Link Copied to Clipboard