Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#543012 13/08/14 01:35 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This is completely ruining the game for me. I cannot progress any further at this point. I paid full price on Steam right when the game came out and am 40+ hours in. I haven't even gotten a real response from Larian other than the template receipt email. I love the game but I'm tired of waiting for a patch. Please, give us an UPDATE!

addict
addict
What exactly is happening?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
When I try to click the bridge at the Cyseal - Silverglen road, my game crashes to desktop. I'm on Win 8 64, have a GTX660, 8GB RAM and an 8 core intel. As well, I've sent my save to Raze (Larian employee) and he verified it is occurring for him too so it is not a system issue.

Any/all help is appreciated. I've tried everything including cursing at my screen wink

journeyman
journeyman
It doesn't sound like your system. I've got a 660 too with 8gb ram and 64bit os although mine is quadcore and windows 7.

Have you tried re-installing and verifying the game files? I know it sucks to restart the game but it could be something like a bad install or corrupted save cause your system should be fine to run this game.

stranger
stranger
I'm way beyond that stage and experienced no such bug. It could be your installation, but then again you may have done something unusual prior to this which is causing a conflict with the area transition. Only a theory but how many quests have you completed in Cyseal and have you completely explored the map. Everyone plays differently in terms of quest order / exploration so maybe it was something specific to your actions. Could be a rare bug hard to cause. Also is your party together when you try and cross the bridge.

Don't you just hate it when you forget where you parked the dragon.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Raze was kind enough to load my save and get me past the failure point. So far I am now able to play/save/continue.

Appreciate the support from the community and Larian.

stranger
stranger
That blew my theory out of the water then. What a strange bug. Glad you are up and running again.

Don't you just hate it when you forget where you parked the dragon.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Raze the miracle ninja.

Support
Support

There was an issue in the save, somewhere. It only worked once for me; most of the time it crashed (I actually just reloaded the save to check exactly where it was crashing in the loading screen when it worked, so I saved, and then tried a few tings to see if I could reproduce the solution).

stranger
stranger
Raze for president! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard