#543906 15/08/14 06:13 AM
R
Rbx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hi,

what is, in our opinion, the most sensible talent distribution for a (non-LW) 2h fighter?

I'm pretty much committed to Leech, other useful talents seem to be: Zombie, Opportunist, Bully, Picture of Health, Stand Your Ground, Thick Skin, Walk it Off and Weather the Storm (Pet Pal on other character). Which of these do you deem invaluable and in which order would you pick them? Also: i know that Zombie is quite useful early on, but does it become more nuisance than benefit later in the game?

For my starting talents i'm considering Leech/Zombie, Leech/Opportunist and Leech/Bully. Which would be the most effective and why?

Thanks a lot!

apprentice
apprentice
For a non LW/Glass Cannon you don't need these strong talents like Leech/Zombie, Picture of Health.
Weather the Storm- NOT needed to max elemental resistances.
Thick Skin- opponents with physical damage are so weak, they can only be a treat at the beginning.
Walk it Off- also affects buffs and healing- bad talent in my book.
Stand Your Ground- willpower and bodybuilding give more.
Good talents for a 2 hand fighter (in alphabetical order):

Bully
Glass Cannon
Leech
Lone Wolf
Opportunist
Picture of Health
Weather the Storm (if you are lazy to collect rubies and essences)
Zombie -useful the whole game, consider another char with bloodletting or poison spells.

Plan on seven of these and you are good to go. I would start with (LW)/leech, Zombie, Bully, Picture of Health, Glass Cannon.

R
Rbx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thanks for your input! Your explanations for the sub-par talents are very useful.

Originally Posted by xiery
For a non LW/Glass Cannon you don't need these strong talents like Leech/Zombie, Picture of Health.

I'm kinda new to these oldschool ("hardcore") round-based rpgs, so the idea is to build my characters as powerful as possible in order to avoid frustrating gameplay smile

Originally Posted by xiery
Plan on seven of these and you are good to go. I would start with (LW)/leech, Zombie, Bully, Picture of Health, Glass Cannon.

That seems like a good plan, but why no Opportunist? In principle i understand what this talent does, but i have no idea how strong/useful it actually is ingame. Also: is GC a viable option as a melee?

Regarding the starting talents: Leech/Zombie or Leech/Bully, which would you pick and why (2nd char is a pyro/geo mage)?

Last edited by Rbx; 15/08/14 07:22 AM.
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Leech
Glass Cannon
Lone Wolf (if you don't mind giving up a follower)
Weather the Storm
Bully
Opportunist
Comeback Kid

If you're on Hard, and don't take Lone Wolf, then wait to pick up Glass Cannon until you dump some points into Constitution. Otherwise you'll be too squishy early on.

Warning: this will result in an extremely powerful character. Don't pick these talents unless you want to be an unstoppable killing machine who cannot be killed.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Opportunist is nice, but not required. You get 1 free attack against any enemy who moves out of melee range of your warrior. 1 attack per round. Will usually proc 0-2 times a fight.
Leech, by itself, is one of the strongest talents in the game. Feels brokenly powerful to me.
Never tried Zombie, but my understanding is that it's more balanced than Leech.
Bully is a good talent. Strong without being overpowered.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Game is already easy without those list on the above, don't make it a snore fest where enemy aren't challenge any more.

Just pick a random trait for the challenge : D

Link Copied to Clipboard