Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Some NPCs are treating my male character as female?

and my female character as male?

this happen to anyone?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, Bellegar treats one of my duo of female characters as if she was male, and she's been referred to as "he" occasionally. Fairly few and far between, though...

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
That's been an issue since early beta if not before. Seems hard to pin down: they've attempted fixes several times, and it isn't consistent from game to game.

Sometimes it's related to whether you changed the character's sex at creation, but not always.

I don't think it substantially affects the gameplay, though.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Just go with it.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I noticed this in the anti-man woman in Cyseal's market. One play-through I'm doing as two brothers and she treated the second brother as a female character. Funny enough though I went to the mirror on homestead, went to change the character's face a little but decided not to make changes, set it back and hit accept even though I didn't make changes and could have hit cancel.

Now that same chick in Cyseal treats both of them as men and doesn't call the second one "deary". So not only is it not consistent play-through to play-through, but not even from in the same play-through. I think it auto detects opposite sex of the secondary hero at character creation. I've started and restarted a "New Game" until I had the male as Number 1 and the female as Number 2 and the conversations where sex is a factor have always played out the right way.

When you start a new game and it puts the male and female in whatever configuration it starts with that's what the game's dialog sex options seem to default with. Meaning if it starts you with female player 1 and male player 2, but you change them to male 1 and female 2 when creating them at the start of the game, the game still sees them as female 1 and male 2. You have to keep "starting a new game" until you get them in the spot you want your main's sex to be. If you want your main player 1 to be seen as male, keep restarting until the male is player 1, and same backwards for females. If you change the sex of player 2, for dialog options that character will remain being seen as the opposite sex until you reach the homestead mirror and change the sex to one and back again and hit confirm. That seems to make the sex specific dialogs work right.

Either that or don't talk to any sex check specific NPC's until you reach the mirror and can re-confirm their sexes.

I just noticed that last night so I could be a little iffy on the details but it now sees my two characters as both male (doing a Raistlin-Caramon play).

Last edited by RavenXavier; 15/08/14 08:00 PM.

What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night. ~ Raistlin Majere

Link Copied to Clipboard