#544097 15/08/14 05:04 PM
M
Mark33 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hi all

I have been trying to order a boxed version of Divinity - Original Sin for several weeks.
It seems all english versions are sold out, both the standard version and the collector's edition.
When will there be another boxed version available for purchase?
If I can't get a boxed version I might as well download a cracked copy. I *hate* Steam!

Greetings,
Mark

Last edited by Mark33; 15/08/14 05:04 PM.
addict
addict
Some people hate STEAM. Some people hate thieves. Go figure which deserves the hate.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Damn, that's gotta be among the most calculatedly motivational requests for info and/or help that I've ever seen.

"Are you gonna sell me your stuff the way I want it? Because otherwise I'm going to have to steal it."

Never fails to get a friendly ear. Very effective.

Maybe you could overtly call them incompetent, too. That also seems to be popular among the hostile and entitled set around here, and you seem to have left that part of your position statement to inference.

Oh, and welcome to the forums. You seem nice.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Mark33
If I can't get a boxed version I might as well download a cracked copy. I *hate* Steam!

Well, you are lucky you couldn't find a retail version, then, because it is Steam. Until D:OS becomes available on the Larian Vault, the only Steam free version is GOG.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by PeteNewell
Oh, and welcome to the forums. You seem nice.

hahaha

pts Offline
journeyman
journeyman

I can certainly understand that feeling, and would normally agree. However, in the case of Divinity: Original Sin, there is another option: Get it on GoG.com - a site that offers its games completely DRM-free (legally!).

Last edited by pts; 16/08/14 03:21 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
No one is forcing you to play this game. Just don't play it.

Or if you really want to buy a boxed copy then ask nicely for it, instead of making a childish threat.

Last edited by Sinthesizer; 16/08/14 03:57 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
Hi all

I have been trying to order a boxed version of Divinity - Original Sin for several weeks.
It seems all english versions are sold out, both the standard version and the collector's edition.
When will there be another boxed version available for purchase?

Greetings,
Mark

You are such a childish fool. There's a DRM free copy that you can purchase in GOG. I don't like physical nowadays. I can easily access all my games in digital library. Install it anywhere, anytime. In fact i don't even have a DVDROM anymore which i don't need.

There's a valid point to the OP's request which many seem to be overlooking - boxed copies provide tangible extras like a manual you can read while playing the game, rather than a PDF you have to continually Alt-Tab to view.

Unfortunately, as Raze has noted, Larian made their physical version reliant on Steam though they later agreed to provide DRM-free DVDs to Kickstarter backers. It should be possible to extend this courtesy to retail purchasers too (and if physical copies have been sold out, to produce a new batch with Steam-free discs) but anyone interested would need to contact Larian support to ask for them.

T
banned
banned
T
@Mark33
I'm not sure exactly what comes with the boxed version but you could make your own if you wanted to. Sure it might cost you like $5 to do but hey what the hell..right.

Download the game from here, create a label for a disk and then turn it into an installation disk. And then using a colored printer, print out the PDF manual.

Originally Posted by LeBurns
Some people hate STEAM. Some people hate thieves. Go figure which deserves the hate.

Valve are thieves So go figure.

Last edited by tx3000; 17/08/14 10:30 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard