Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
We are not one but many, that have struggled through the last decade to feel as enthralled by videogames as we did back then, with rogue games and visciously evil games, that some of us, never mastered. Today we are bombarded with great promises (trailers), epic and deep adventures (demo play) and lay-ups for sequels at the end (DLC, extra content etc.). Then we reach the endgame either too fast or too easily. And most are piss-easy, for everyone to enjoy, in an attempt to expand the clientel (who could blame them, its a business right?)
Oh we dragged our asses to buy ALL of them, because we are gamers of the old epiphany, the first to rage and rejoice over dots and dice on a screen, the prize or consequence, governed by our own hands. I thought this age was long gone, i thought i was getting old and somehow, perhaps the games didnt have flaws, but i did?
And then, all of a sudden, comes a game like Divinity Original Sin, and i am awestruck. As an NES, Gameboy, SEGA-megadrive, PS1-PS2-PS3, PSP, DS3, Xbox 360 and PC gamer with a birthyear same as NES, all i can say is that this game has rekindled my faith in humanity. It is an immersive experience that leads you to insomnia, keeps you playing until you drop, and gives you that essential feeling of wanting to beat the game, not just "ride it"

I downloaded Divinity cracked and played 8-10 hours straight, then slept. When i turned off the game i thought: "Wow, the people that made this game deserve a fucking medal." Through all the shit that is produced today, single diamonds emerge every once and a while and this is definetly one of them. I tried the game and bought the game a week after. I havent bought a game since Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and Dragon Age, but have played virtually all pc rpg games in the last 15-20 years. The difference in games today and 20 years ago, is that now you can really be the winning, contributing factor of a product. Downloading games instead of buying is perfectly fine in my book, because the games we truly love will make better games. Dont give yourselves up to the promotion. Expect nothing from the industry and trust your vote is as critical for videogames as in politics.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
+ 1

This guy deserve a ip ban medal.

Entitlement at it finest.

stranger
stranger
So this is basically an argument/justification for game pircay, disguised as a 'DOS is great' post.
Yawn.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Also, if he only found two good RPGs in the last 15-20 years of playing all RPGs before DoS his opinion cannot weight much. Whatever he says isn't worth a dime, he's utterly clueless.

Futhermore, please do not defend him. I expect this (first post with a new account) to be a troll.

Last edited by Tripledragon; 17/08/14 07:22 AM.
T
banned
banned
T
I don't really care what the OP said, I'm speaking for myself so don't start up the I'm defending the OP [...] because I'm not.

The OP never mentioned piracy at all so To all of the above posters saying that can [...]

You people are all the same, all with the same mindset [...]. First thing any of you [...] post towards someone like the OP is TROLL and or pirate and then you actually [...] try and justify yourselves. So lets cut the [...] piracy comments about people not buying games, so they must have stolen it because that's complete [...] bullshit ok...

I've played a lot of games but never bought any of the ones I played..Now does that make me a pirate...According to you [...] yes..but that's because none of you cunts know how to think properly.

Just because someone did not buy a game, and yet has played it DOES NOT MAKE THEM A [...] PIRATE OR THIEF OK. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE BULLSHIT STEAM MENTALITY YOU [...] HAVE.

STEAM USERS TRY AND START ARGUMENTS BY SEEING ONE ACCOUNT SOMEONE IS POSTING WITH AND DECIDE WHAT THEY DO AND DO NOT OWN BASED OFF THAT ONE ACCOUNT instead of saying MAYBE THEY HAVE MULTIPL ACCOUNTS WITH GAMES ON THEM I DO NOT KOW ABOUT..But no instead it's automatically they stole the game if it's not on that ONE ACCOUNT..

Just like that one [...] thinking Steam [users] have the same thing applies to people in this thread call people a thief and or troll..

LISTEN [...]:
THERE ARE TONS OF OTHER WAYS PEOPLE CAN PLAY GAMES LEGITIMATELY WITHOUT EVER OWNING OR BUYING THEM.

I LEGALLY OWN THE WITCHER 2, NOX, and DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN....Now why don't you [...] in this thread call me a pirate because I have no games on this account I'm posting with.

I'm so sick and tired of [users] ON FORUMS THAT ATTACK PEOPLE LIKE THE OP WITH THEIR [...] COMMENTS AND THEIR STEAM MENTALITY MINDSET.

But on the subject of piracy, what the Steam [users] don't get is that if a game developer uses Steam as the only possible way to register their game and then VALVE IP BLOCKS PEOPLE, then that in turn CAUSES people to have no other choice BUT TO PIRATE THE GAME if they want to play it.

So piracy in that regard is fully justified and people that think piracy is wrong clearly don't get that specific aspect that Valve does that CAUSE it so I tell any company that only uses Steam...Too bad you deserve to have your game pirated for attempting to force people to use a service that isn't even necessary when there is no reason to do so. So start distributing your games multiple ways otherwise you get exactly what you deserve and you have no right to PISS AND MOAN about it.

And for the uneducated, Distribute a game multiple ways means NOT HAVING A STEAM REGISTRATION ATTACHED TO EVERY COPY no matter where or how you get it. If a game has a Steam ONLY registration it doesn't matter if the game can be purchased multiple places...it's all still tied to a Steam account...People need to grasp the concept that multiple places aren't relevant when you tie a steam registration to the game. It has to be free of a Steam registration in order for the game to have multiple distributors. If you have to register the game through Steam, then you might as well have downloaded it through the Steam store because in the end it's the same exact thing.

Edit by Elwyn: Edited the abusive language. Again.

Last edited by Elwyn; 17/08/14 05:38 PM. Reason: removed the worst of abusive language
H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by "Stuffalicious"
I downloaded Divinity cracked

I think this is the sentence that the folks are concerned about.

H.

enthusiast
enthusiast
indeed, that sounds like piracy to me..on the other hand, he bought it afterwards and i see people getting fed up with the attrocious games being presented for 60$ the last 10 years, although his example is just too much.not buying a game since BDII means bad will, not bad faith

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
T
banned
banned
T
HE only said DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN how [...] did you [...] decide that applied to every single game he ever played.

And besides the GOG version of divinity is a cracked version of the game.

Exactly just how dumb are you morons.

Last edited by Elwyn; 17/08/14 09:18 PM. Reason: removed offensive language
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by tx3000
HE only said DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN how the fuck did you assholes decide that applied to every single game he ever played.

And besides the GOG version of divinity is a cracked version of the game.

Exactly just how dumb are you morons.

Please mind your language! That is not acceptable behavior on this forum.

And the GOG version is DRM-free. That is not the same a cracked version; which means tht DRM was removed with a crack. Check your facts before passing out insults.

T
banned
banned
T
@Jacob Marne

I'm not going to be reprimanded for responding to people harassing me and then have excuses made up to dodge the issue. If I have to deal with being harassed then you all can deal with my replies. You're not going to have it both ways.

There is a no harassment in the TOS and the 2 people I responded to are harassing me...So How dare you preach rules at me.

If you guys don't like my replies then I suggest you take care of the people that are causing my replies without any excuses.

That's how it works.

Last edited by tx3000; 17/08/14 05:20 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Time to call it a day with this one, I think.

J'aime le fromage.

Link Copied to Clipboard