Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
banned
banned
T
Originally Posted by Elwyn
Originally Posted by dwelfusius

Larian,forum button to report user please.

There is a notify button in the right lower corner (next to edit and reply buttons) which you can hit to report a post.

When his replies towards me have been removed from the topics he did them to me in, then I will then remove mine.

addict
addict
Guys, just do what any sane member of the forum does, and put tx3000 on ignore. As an aside, I can't believe I really just referred to myself as sane; but I suppose compared to this guy, anyone is.

veteran
veteran
Companions and henchmen are pretty different types of NPCs, and anyone who has actually played D:OS should have noticed this somewhere along the way.

There are lots of henchmen in the game, but currently only two companions (Madora and Jahan). There were supposed to be a few more companions, but the additional companions were postponed due to time constraints. They're supposed to be added in the months following launch.

The desire to have more companions is understandable as henchmen really don't hold a candle to them (no matter how many henchmen are available). Even the developers felt the differences were large enough to warrant making companions a funding stretch goal.

It's really not any more complicated than that. I'm not sure why this thread has stretched into a two page debate already.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Perhaps they should add a character which starts as a companion then becomes the main character turning your main characters into companions/henchmen and taking all the credit for saving the day? laugh

addict
addict
Since not much of value was lost by not thoroughly reading the whole thread, I can confidently say the following:

Patience is both a virtue and a necessity. It will happen, but not when you want it to. And to put my words into perspective, I've been putting off my first proper play through after beta until they finally add the engraving tools to the game. Petty reason, but still a lot of waiting. And I'm not complaining, just... waiting.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Larian should add a companion whose personality mimics tx3000. laugh

Though it would take some time to write appropriate diatribes, rambling non-sequiturs and deliberate mis-understandings - interspersed with (optional for age reasons) random profanities, it could provide entertainment on another level and greatly enhance players' emotional involvement ("Boy, did I feel good after fireballing that SOB - especially since I surrounded him with barrels of oil first...").

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stargazer
Larian should add a companion whose personality mimics tx3000. laugh

Though it would take some time to write appropriate diatribes, rambling non-sequiturs and deliberate mis-understandings - interspersed with (optional for age reasons) random profanities, it could provide entertainment on another level and greatly enhance players' emotional involvement ("Boy, did I feel good after fireballing that SOB - especially since I surrounded him with barrels of oil first...").

oh this made me lol at work ^^

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
addict
addict
Originally Posted by EinTroll
Since not much of value was lost by not thoroughly reading the whole thread, I can confidently say the following:

Patience is both a virtue and a necessity. It will happen, but not when you want it to. And to put my words into perspective, I've been putting off my first proper play through after beta until they finally add the engraving tools to the game. Petty reason, but still a lot of waiting. And I'm not complaining, just... waiting.

What engraving tools? What are those?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LeBurns

What engraving tools? What are those?

It's a Kickstarter reward.

"New: Engraving tool (equipment inscriptions)

Anybody who pledges $95 or more, will receive an in-game engraving tool with which you can engrave messages on any piece of in-game equipment. You will be able to engrave as many pieces of equipment as you want, and give them to people you play the game with online."

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
ok someone gotta at least know what these new companions classes are?/names? ive heard its alfred and frank?

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I think Almina could easily be turned into a companion.

Other than that, there are many interesting bios about some of the henchmen, I wish some of them would become full-fledged companions with more story-lines and dialogs, instead of just adding new characters from scratch.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by someguy216
ok someone gotta at least know what these new companions classes are?/names? ive heard its alfred and frank?

That's what I need to know. Right now I can't even plan out my next characters as I want them to be complemented by the new companions.

old hand
old hand
I'd personally prefer the ability just to create a party of four custom characters. I know there's a mod for this but it's not entirely bug free (or so I hear) and also, Larian could make it where it's recognized by the story. Probably not going to happen though...

journeyman
journeyman
I'd be surprised if Mittix isn't meant to be a companion.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard