Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
So I'm doing another playthrough, wanted to have two completely OP mages this time. Opened Hall of Secrets at level 4 and xp gapped my two lone wolves.

Vendors are not resetting for the 2nd character's level. Is there a workaround for this?

I mean really, this sort of thing is NOT an issue. I played through the game once normally, now I want to screw around with the mechanics. Patching the systems to prevent this sort of thing is like a car company issuing a recall and then sending out people to take your vehicle whether you want it gone or not.

If I want to do the work to build a completely OP team, what business is that of yours? Screwing this up is directly affecting the replayability of your game.

old hand
old hand
Maybe in multiplayer co-op, some people felt the need to go to the teller of secrets every level just to make sure they're getting the advantage, while others felt that was a waste of time. Now obviously you could just a different game where people don't do that, but it's always annoying when many people use blatantly OP things like getting tons of additional stat points. Of course, there's tons of different things strangers and friends alike can do to annoy each other, but consistently playing with overpowered characters in an already easy game was probably especially annoying.

In single player, what other people think is a non-issue. But Larian has to balance the game both for multiplayer and singleplayer, and they tend to prefer to let multiplayer balance trickle down to the single player experience (they said something like that in an interview), and they must have felt the teller of secrets book refreshes harmed the multiplayer experience, so that just had to go in the single player as well since they don't want to balance them separately.

You could probably modify your character stats or add books with the editor, but I believe they changed it so books don't refresh no matter what in the vanilla game. Never understood the appeal of becoming completely OP myself, but I do get why min/maxing is fun. Your best bet is to figure out how to mod a little bit.

addict
addict
When did she stop restocking? She restocks for me.

old hand
old hand
In patch notes for 1.072:

-The seller of secrets now only has 1 ability book and 1 stat book instead of regenerating those

I figured that meant only one of each per game, not regenerating when you level. Maybe I'm wrong, but the OP seems to confirm that. Have you completely updated LeBurns?

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
I've the lasted updates installed including hotfix and books still regenerating when i level up :O

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zerkain
I've the lasted updates installed including hotfix and books still regenerating when i level up :O

Same here.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Zerkain

Yep, noticed the same thing here. I'm running the latest version of the game.

Link Copied to Clipboard