Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Pikosil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I was watching some reviews and whenever you're in combat this disgusting white outlining of your character appears.

Is there an options to removes this unnecessary visual nonsense?
I'm not sure I want to buy it with that in place.

Last edited by Pikosil; 18/08/14 10:06 PM.
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
There is NO option to remove white outline and circle of your character on his/her turn.
There is however option to show/hide enemy/party (Red/Blue) outlines.
Maybe it can be moded to remove white as well.(I don't know tbh)

Last edited by Zerkain; 18/08/14 10:41 PM.
P
Pikosil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
That's horrible, why the hell would they even put such a thing in, it serves no purpose whatsoever.

S
stranger
stranger
S
You know who else liked to put white outlines around characters in 3d isomorphic video games? Hitler.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by sadre
You know who else liked to put white outlines around characters in 3d isomorphic video games? Hitler.

xD

Originally Posted by Pikosil
That's horrible, why the hell would they even put such a thing in, it serves no purpose whatsoever.

yes it does, it can help determine reach of certain spells.For example telekinesis,when you drop the char and make sure the two enemies circles overlap they both get dmg

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
I would hardly call having a helpful visual indicator disgusting, what would you rather they do to highlight that you are over a character?

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by dwelfusius

yes it does, it can help determine reach of certain spells.For example telekinesis,when you drop the char and make sure the two enemies circles overlap they both get dmg

Originally Posted by tarasis
I would hardly call having a helpful visual indicator disgusting, what would you rather they do to highlight that you are over a character?

OP doesn't mean the highlights and circles of enemies when your cursor over them.
It's the white outline+circle on your character when it's his/her turn.
Although i'm not irritated by it, there could be an option to disable it.

P
Pikosil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Originally Posted by tarasis

I don't know what you're talking about, are you legally blind or something, was there a white outlining in Xcom or Might & Magic Heroes 6?

enthusiast
enthusiast

I guess you've forgotten that this is a turn-based game. It would be horrible if there were no visible cues as to which party member's turn it is...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
L
stranger
stranger
L
Manufactured outrage is the best kind of outrage.
Disgusting? Really?
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

P
Pikosil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Lahk
Manufactured outrage is the best kind of outrage.
Disgusting? Really?
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I can't even begin to describe how such unnecessary visual clutter infuriates me, such total stupidity of putting such things in a game really makes me sick.

P
Pikosil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Waltc

I guess you've forgotten that this is a turn-based game. It would be horrible if there were no visible cues as to which party member's turn it is...;)

There are so many other ways to achieve that, as demonstrated by dozens of such games, they chose the most aggressive way possible.

I don't know what you're talking about, are you legally blind or something, was there a white outlining in Xcom or Might & Magic Heroes 6?

No. I play at 1280x800 on a 13" monitor & sit fairly close to the screen, and really it's perfectly fine for me. I can understand disliking it, but calling it disgusting is just extreme.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
There is NO reason not to have an option to disable this.

Have it on by default, but at least give an option to turn it off. Both sides win, everyone is happy.

P
Pikosil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Does this mean this dreadfulness will finally be removed?

He didn't mention it specifically but it definitely falls into that category.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Waltc

There are so many other ways to achieve that, as demonstrated by dozens of such games, they chose the most aggressive way possible.

Like what, for instance? Multiple arrows? Moving arrows? A bunch of concentric circles? The whole character turning orange?...what? Bottom line is that in a turn-based game it serves a very useful purpose for the game to inform the player(s) which party member's turn it presently is, and there are only so many ways to do that graphically. You might wish to consider that while you find the faint white outline off-putting, many other people (like me) might find it the least off-putting of any other graphic signaling device possible. The heart of the game is *turn-based* and that is never going to change. That is "unrealistic" in itself, of course, but it's a *game* we are talking about and games have their artificial conventions that allow them to be played. I understand you don't like the white outline (which I hardly notice at all), so what graphical cue would you prefer? (You cannot say "none" because in a turn-based game that would not work at all.)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
P
Pikosil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
What are you even talking about, a cue for what?
You mean outside of seeing that your character portrait is now active, like it is done in almost all games? Without having any intrusive visual clutter on the main gameplay screen.

You don't make any sense.

Last edited by Pikosil; 17/09/14 02:45 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
What are you even talking about, a cue for what?
You mean outside of seeing that your character portrait is now active, like it is done in almost all games? Without having any intrusive visual clutter on the main gameplay screen.

You don't make any sense.

Yes...I'm asking you what "cue" you would prefer to see, since you don't like the white outlines...(Other than the character portrait--tell the truth, the character portraits are tiny and I rarely actually look at them.) Lot of games--most of them, in fact, do more than simply highlight the portrait...we could add to this thread by beginning to name them all, but do you really want to?

You obviously think that merely outlining the character portrait is sufficient--and that's fine, it's your opinion, after all. But, then, why do you think so many other games--most, in fact--do more than simply highly the character's portrait?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Sorry for my english ... I also do not like this outlines around my characters. I do not need them, circles enough for me in battles, objects names highlighted with Alt key. I found the way to remove them :) . You can download my"Helpers.lsb" file https://yadi.sk/d/-s0yMdb6dJe2r and unpack archive to "your Game root folder\Data\Public\". Or do it by yourselves. You just need to unpack "Game.pak" through LS Tools. Go to unpacked folder and find file named "Helpers.lsb" in subfolder "[PAK] _Helpers". Open it throug LS Tools menu File -> Open LSB \ LSX, go to Resource Bank \ Material Bank \ Resource change lines in "Name" write "Helper_Invisible" and in "SourceFile" write path "Public\Main\Assets\Materials\Helpers\Helper_Invisible.lsb". Save the file overwrite it. Now you need just place it to "your Game root folder\Data\Public\Game\Content\Assets\[PAK]_Helpers" create subfolders if they don't exist. This completely disable all outlines in game.

Last edited by Lakriom; 11/12/14 01:06 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard