Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm personally disturbed -- no, disgusted is the appropriate word -- by how the devs apparently think that plants and herbs are only their to be plucked from the ground and turned into potions for our use.

How narcissistic we are! The gameworld does not revolve around us, people!

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by prodigydancer
I doubt there's anything left to discuss here.

Yes, use your emo period somewhere else.

G
stranger
stranger
G
OP is upset that not all sympathetic characters are vegetarians, demands money back.

/topic

R
RtM Offline
R
I consider this game to be done medium well. I tend to show my grill when I think about how much fun I have. If things were right with the world people would be (barbe)queuing up at gaming stores to purchase this. I'd steak my reputation on it.

Last edited by RtM; 21/08/14 12:26 AM.
R
R
Dear OP in the future please start your sentences with: As a hypocrite, ....

With kind regards,

Rashar.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Within this thread you will see illustrated for your elucidation the effects toxoplasma gondii can have on the once-rational human mind.

Last edited by Mirza; 21/08/14 01:46 AM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
"I like Justin Bieber" is an opinion. "I don't like animal cruelty" is an opinion. That you find the posted quote disgusting is an opinion. But "this game presents a detrimental message about animal cruelty" is a proposition... one which you are not defending.

So don't be surprised if people give you grief.

Last edited by Armakoir; 21/08/14 01:49 AM.
addict
addict
See screenshot in the OP.

I hate to break it to you, but there *IS* no screenshot. No picture. Nada. Nothing. Zip.

I'm beginning to believe that it is a troll attempt. I was willing to give some benefit of the doubt initially, but now....

M
stranger
stranger
M
I doubt there's anything left to discuss here. In fact, I wasn't even looking for a discussion.

Translation: "I was just trolling guys! Gotcha HAHAHA!"

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Yes, support nature. You can start by offing yourself first smile

N
stranger
stranger
N
Did you find killing dozens of humans disgusting too? What about undead? Orcs? Demons? Surely demons have rights too!

R
Rbx Offline
stranger
stranger
R
so are all animal-based food sources in the game like meat etc. equally condemnable? someone killed an animal in order to procure these as well, right?

noone likes animal cruelty, but if in real life it were possible to save a human life by killing a toad i'm pretty sure that 99.9% of people would do it without hesitation (and that is a GOOD thing). people like you (the OP of this thread) are the reason that worthwhile foundations and efforts against animal cruelty have gotten a bad name and/or aren't taken as seriously as they should be.

Last edited by Rbx; 21/08/14 01:09 PM.
old hand
old hand
I think his point is that it is fine to slaughter everything (humans, trolls, orcs, ...) as long as you let the toad live.

old hand
old hand
Look, I'm not here to preach my belief

Maury Povich says "That is a lie".

old hand
old hand
But like anyone I'm entitled to my opinion and in my opinion the scene is instant -2 to game rating. Why only -2? Because the quality of dialogue writing in D:OS is so poor and brain-hurting y

Wow if it is that bad I'd say -8 overall due to writing, I pretty much instantly stop any game that makes my brain hurt. You are too kind.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Look, I'm not here to preach my belief in all living things being equal.

Just wanted to point out that you probably meant "animals", not "living things". If you want to get a point across I'd advise you to take great care in picking the right words. Many discussions I had with all kind of activists fell short when they seemed to show a lack of a proper scientific understanding of the world.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Just wanted to come in to say that I understand where you're coming from, prodigy. Parts of the dialogue could certainly stand to be more "in character" and consistent.

That said, the character in question does seem to be rather maniacal and unconcerned with life in general (hence those, um, self-aware killing machines he likes to create). At the same time, another dialogue option/response to that statement would be a good addition.

And while I'm certainly not going to waste my day in an internet argument, I do feel that sometimes it helps for others to know they're not totally alone on a given issue. ^_^y

Last edited by Scry_Kane; 21/08/14 04:26 PM.

Generally, a notebook goes in your pocket, doesn't it? Give that notebook its own pocket. . . . in that pocket, put another notebook. . . .
apprentice
apprentice
This is absurd. Like any game, there are people of good morality, people of obviously poor morality, and people of questionable morality. Nowhere in the game are the devs endorsing animal cruelty, so get off your high horse and stop being offended so easily.

R
RtM Offline
R
Why are you guys still replying seriously ?!?! ouch

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Zerkain
Yes, use your emo period somewhere else.

The game is choke full of crying orcs and melancholic trolls yet you tell me to take my emo period somewhere?

OK, I won't actually roll on the floor but you get the picture.

Originally Posted by Scry_Kane
And while I'm certainly not going to waste my day in an internet argument, I do feel that sometimes it helps for others to know they're not totally alone on a given issue. ^_^y

Thank you!

Originally Posted by bzombo
This is absurd. Like any game, there are people of good morality, people of obviously poor morality, and people of questionable morality. Nowhere in the game are the devs endorsing animal cruelty, so get off your high horse and stop being offended so easily.

I give you a screenshot and you still say "nowhere in the game". This pretty much summarized the thread.

You want to deny the facts? Well, it's your choice.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard