Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Running a Dual GTX 680 SLI rig and had no issues until the patch today.

Now when I go into the city I have all sorts of stutter.

If I go to the options menu and Save the game, the stutter disappears and gameplay returns to normal...only to get jittery later on

U
stranger
stranger
U
Your lucky, STEAM updated my DoS tonight before I played and now I get a Microsoft error box on hitting "Continue"!!

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Reloaded DoS onto my SSD...same issue

Noticed that when a player dialogue engages with an NPC and then the conversation is over (Take my Leave) the stutter and poor frame rate commence.

As soon as I save the game, the problem is gone and everything goes back to normal

Last edited by fooflighter; 21/08/14 08:01 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'm having the same issue, too. I purchased the game about a week ago and have a single GTX 680/i7 2600k/8 GB RAM. I averaged well over 60+FPS in non battle scenes, sometimes even topping over 100+ when inside a room. Load up the game yesterday morning and install the patch. When I have a chat with a NPC, my frames just tank in the 30's. Save the game, frames jump back up to the 70's/80's. What's the deal?

Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete all but one of the saves from the zip (possibly saved in the Cyseal marketplace, since that would be the most problematic location for performance issues).

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Thanks Raze, sent the report.zip to you the other day. Thank you for the reply.

Patrickjs89, I'll post back here with any findings or results of my bug report

Support
Support

Yes, I figured that was you. If patrickjs89 sends a report, as well, I'll add it to the same bug report (more information being better with issues that are not consistent).

M
stranger
stranger
M
I`ve got exactly the same problem. Before latest patch, there was no issue with that.

After some time there is FPS drop from solid 60 to 45 and GPU is only used about 50%.
Saving game repairs it but it is too often to play normally.

M
stranger
stranger
M
BUMP!

N
stranger
stranger
N
Having the same problems, they weren't present pre-patch. I think the regular hitches in cyseal market etc. may be worsened, but it seems to happen during any combat that isn't over very quickly, regardless of how massive the elemental effects etc. are. Will see if I can save right before a reliable occurence, king boreas fight might be the one due to the preceding dialogue.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Is there any workaround of this issue before they release proper patch? I reckon it must have something to do with kind of too much stress imposed on one of the cores. Since the game uses only one core it causes problems. I can tell it by low GPU usage when the problem occurs.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Bump! as no news yet, they are probably working on it now most likely as it looks like I wasn't the only one with the issue...I really want to play this badly smile

N
stranger
stranger
N
Hey everyone. Just registered today. This issue seems to have hit me over a patch during the last few weeks as well - the prior fixes (texture streaming, vsync in-game only, frame cap) no longer seem to work for me. I get the camera stutter of doom regardless of settings (only VERY LOW) resolves it on a GTX 770.

Sent in a support request with my Report.Zip, hopefully that helps get attention to the issue. On a GTX 770, I5-4670k, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1 64-bit. Love the game, can't really enjoy it with the stutter mania on the camera so hopefully this will help us get a resolution!

M
stranger
stranger
M
I think the problem is connected with big charge on only one Cpu core. If one save the game it starts to use more cores. Then the problem (after dialogues and in battle) somehow returns. I tried to change affiliation of cores but it refuses to give access. Do you know how to do it?

Last edited by Maciej85; 02/09/14 11:18 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
1. Start up your game
2. Alt+Tab out of the game
3. Ctrl+alt+del and bring up the task manager
4. Find the process for the game
5. Right click the game from this menu
6. Select "set affinity"
7. Uncheck core 0

The game should run on core 1 2 and 3 (if you have a quad core of course) Anyway it didn't change anything for me, the marketplace is still a big frame dropper. But i'm actually really glad i'm not the only one with that problem, I was starting to get paranoid about my system capacity XD

M
stranger
stranger
M
When you are in Market, what is usage of your Gpu and what model of Gpu do you have?

W
stranger
stranger
W
It's a radeon 7850 with the last driver, core clock and memory clock are at the top, total activity doesn't seem at a 100% though.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I figured out how to change affinity in my case. I just had to launch the game NOT as administrator.
Alas it did not help to play on 3 cores. After some time FPS are going down as well as GPU usage.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
It occurs faster in the marketplace, but will occur anywhere in the game, just happens quicker in the market from what I noticed. Doesn't matter what I do, cores, texture fixes, the only thing that makes it somewhat playable is the quicksave function...I'm putting this game on the shelf until it's fixed, I only have a couple hours into it and don't want to ruin the experience bug fixing...hopefully it's addressed soon

Last edited by fooflighter; 02/09/14 11:09 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I too suffer from this . Everything runs smooth until I start a conversation with an NPC .

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard