Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I just made this post on the steam forums but I've been told no one on the Dev team really reads those and I can't blame them for that as the community is not the best but anyways I finally ran into a bug.

I just got done with the Mangoth battle and headed to town to sell some items. I just talked to the vendor to sell items and I switched between each of my characters selling items. I noticed I was not getting the money needed and I even thought I forgot to hit balance so I would actually trade my items for money but that is not the case. I'm just not getting money at all.

First off I have not had this issue at any time during my playtime and I have never modded my game or messed with any of the files.

I made a quick video to show how the issue is working on me picking money up and giving money to myself.

Video to bug - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0wvm05QNEI&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Saw http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=547733#Post547733 after I made this and checked to see if I had a bag or anything and I don't. I also tried waiting and going to other locations but nothing fixed my issue.

Last edited by Deathfromace; 28/08/14 04:39 AM.
Deathfromace #548531 28/08/14 03:51 AM
Support
Support

Is this happening with all your characters, or just the one?

Could you have gold in the chest in Deathfromace's inventory, that some of the gold added is stacking with?

I try to check the Steam discussions periodically, but have been too busy elsewhere to follow closely. Hopefully that will change soon.

Deathfromace #548533 28/08/14 03:53 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I found the issue by rereading the other thread I linked to in my edit and it seems a chest I picked up in act one in the graveyard is/was the cause. For some reason it just suddenly started causing issues with money but as soon as I threw the chest down my issue was fixed. Now I am wondering if it's a bug with money just disappearing because it has not been happening but I also want to know if my money started to go into the chest but I never found out how to open it !

Deathfromace #548534 28/08/14 04:03 AM
Support
Support

There are a series of chests and keys to be found in the graveyard (see here).

Raze #548536 28/08/14 04:07 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I just went back to the graveyard and saw all the chest so this might have been one of the ones I picked up in the boss fight in the church. I have yet to find a key and I can't just lava to break it open so at the moment I can't open it to find out. Maybe I can send it to my homestead and try again later.

Last edited by Deathfromace; 28/08/14 04:10 AM.
Deathfromace #548537 28/08/14 04:10 AM
Support
Support

Is it a named chest? That would help confirm where it came from and find out how to open it.

Deathfromace #548538 28/08/14 04:17 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Sadly it's just named Ornate Chest and I can't recall exactly where I picked it up as it's been in my inventory for some time I do want to say the last time I picked one up was the church fight but I can't be 100% on that.

Either way we know chests are the cause of the bug laugh

Last edited by Deathfromace; 28/08/14 04:18 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard