Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
So my co-op partner and I just invaded the Immaculate settlement with Academy and Prison. There is a ton of Tenebrium ore there. There is also a single book called "How to Handle Tenebrium" which provided me an ability to raise Tenebrium Weapons skill, BUT it vanished immediately after I read it! All 4 characters now have Rot, but we also have 2 Blood Stones to use.

- How to make sure everyone gets the ability to use Tenebrium weapons? Are there any books "How to Handle Tenebrium" somewhere else or someone can sell?
- Is there Tenebrium armor skill or are there Tenebrium armors that benefit from Tenebrium Weapon ability or some other Tenebrium Armor ability I haven't discovered yet?
- At which Tenebrium Weapons ability skill level will Rot status go away? Will Rot still be caused by Tenebrium Ore?
- What do I do with all this Tenebrium ore if I don't have the skills to craft anything with it? Should I sell it or stash it or something else?

All in all my co-op buddy and I want to have the Tenebrium weapons ability skill to use Tenebrium weapons, BUT also want to get rid of Rot and prevent us from getting Rot at any point! We got to figure out what to do with Tenebrium ore too!!! How can we accomplish this?

old hand
old hand
Just finish the quest given to you by a guy Brandon in Silverglen and it will all clarify itself.

Once you get all that there wont be anymore rot from the material.

Not sure about armors and crafting, didnt need it myself. Plenty of T-weapons to be found too.

M
OP Offline
M
Not sure which quest is that... I read that the Troll King quest is what needs to be come to get the Tenebrium Weapons skill for all 4 characters, but its a level 16 area, while we're only level 13-14...

T
T
one rank in Tenebrium is enough to handle Tenebrium weapons; the skill is to "handle/use" T weapons, not cure rot.

currently you can cure everyone with a bloodstone, you're going to use some to finish the game anyway.

afterwards, the character with T skill can handle T weapons without rot. if you want everyone to use it, finish the Troll's Bounty "side quest." that quest can be done with stealth; but if you can actually find your way into the cave, fighting those trolls shouldn't be a problem...

lastly, there'll be a main quest for which one of your main characters need to use T weapons...

Last edited by teardropmina; 29/08/14 10:44 PM.
R
R
You don't need to really beat the troll king for that.

Brandon gives you a box to safely store T-ore in.
Put 1 T-ore in that box.
Drop all your other T-ore on the ground.
Talk to brandon, telling him you got his T-ore.
He will accept it and voila everyone in the party get the Tenebrium ability.
Pick up the T ore you dropped on the ground.

This is literally accomplishable @ level 4/5 if you push it and Tenebirum ability supercedes all other weapon related bonusus. Meaning that if you use a T weapon or your weapon does added T-damage it will use your T ability and not the corresponding weapon ability. To make it clear if you use a 2 handed T sword and you have 2handed-9 and Tenebrium-1 it will still use your Tenebrium skill and completely ignore your 2handed skill.

Goodluck!

With kind regards,

Rashar.

Last edited by Rashar; 30/08/14 02:10 AM.
Originally Posted by Rashar
This is literally accomplishable @ level 4/5 if you push it and ....
How many invisibility potions and scrolls do you need for that? And is there a reliable way of getting those?

T
T
I've read about such shortcut to get tenebrium skill soonest possible. such particular speedrun is only possible with thorough knowledge of the game. If OP knows so much about tenebrium resource whereabouts, he/she wouldn't really need to take any shortcuts...

stranger
stranger
All I've got on Tenebrium so far!

- The tenebrium skill makes the character able to handle T without infection. Getting the skill does not cure any rot though. You still need a blood- or star stone for that.

- You can get 1 character the +1 in the T skill by stealing the book "How to handle T" from the Sacred Stone smithy. If you have a character that will USE T weapons, she's the one who should read it, since it stacks with Brandon's quest reward below. Sacred Stone is located in the top east corner of the Luculla forest map.

- You can get +1 T skill for the whole party by completing Brandon's Troll king quest.

- After you get your 1st T skill increase, it will appear on your character skill screen (weapons). You then can put points in it as a normal skill.

- Tenebrium is counted as an element with its own resistances. Fewer enemies tend to have resistance against T than other elements which can make it a good choice over other elemental damage types. However, some rare enemies are immune to T damage.

- T resistance is not included in Weather the Storm talent and is generally harder to come by than other res but

- You will find a few items that increases the T skill or resistance.

- There are only T weapons and shields, not armors

- You cannot craft or upgrade T items in way.

- You can find enchanted T items, but they are rare. Chances to find an enchanted T weapon with just the enchantments might be slim.

- You can add T as an "elemental" addition to any weapon with Blacksmithing by dragging a T bar to the weapon. It will REPLACE any other elemental damage the weapon has (this might not true on higher levels, it seems - I just got T damage to stack with air damage on lvl 17 Blacksmithing 5) This does not turn the weapon into a Tenebrium weapon, it's still tied to the normal weapon skill and the weapon can be upgraded. The elemental T damage increases if you T skill increases.

- Committing to the tenebrium skill for your weapons could be a point saver since you cover all T weapons (bow, crossbow, one-handed, two-handed) with a single skill plus blacksmithing becomes redundant (at least for upgrading purposes)

- I hear (not seen this myself yet) T weapons are inferior to top notch (end game) legendary/unique normal weapons upgraded with max Blacksmithing and with weapon skill maxed out. So if you aim for absolute maximum damage output, max normal weapon skill + max blacksmithing might be the way to go.

- Unless you have invested heavily in a normal weapon skill + blacksmithing, T-weapons will likely surpass normal weapons until possibly the very latest stages of the game.

- There are a lot of T-ore to be found in the game. You need 4 Blacksmithing to forge it into bars.

- Normally, Tenebrium is first encountered around mid level (10-ish) in Luculla Forest. By normally, I mean you complete most of the Cyseal areas content before moving on the Luculla.

- As someone mentioned, you can apparently get T skill as early as lvl 5, but it requires you to speed run to get it and following a guide to the letter. Worth mentioning is T weapons generally have high attribute/level reqs, so it's not guaranteed you'll be able to use it at all/use it effectively at early levels. You might find yourself going through all trouble of forcing the game up to a certain point just to find you can't use the T weapons or one swing eating 10 AP

Last edited by Zimith; 30/08/14 05:50 PM.
R
R
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Originally Posted by Rashar
This is literally accomplishable @ level 4/5 if you push it and ....
How many invisibility potions and scrolls do you need for that? And is there a reliable way of getting those?

All you need is walk in shadows and the 2 teleporter pyramids.

Without walk in shadows I would not recommend doing it, however I would not recommend doing it all, as it is mostly pointless anyway. By the time you find T weapons that you want to use, you probably are level 15+ anyway.

With kind regards,

Rashar.

apprentice
apprentice
Not intending to highjack the thread, but I got my own Tenebrium related question.

I handed over all the T-ore from the Troll cave to Brandon. However, my homestead is under attack and Zixzax told me I'd need T-Weapons to destroy the demons. Where do I get those weapons? I'm lvl 15, I have explored Hiberheim completely, but I haven't encountered a single T-Weapon. (Apart from the treant-wand.)

T
T
since you got the quest, you're very close to the location you can get Tenebrium weapons. just keep exploring the phantom forest map, you will find the place.

you can find another source if you follow through the immaculate infiltration quest.

apprentice
apprentice
Alright, thanks!

U
stranger
stranger
U
@ MonarchX: You can cure you entire team from rot by approaching an unused starstone. There is one at the end of the Immaculate trials, one by the volcanic area in Cyseal (by the tree with the dead immaculates), and one in King Boreas treasure room in Hiberheim.

@GawainBS: You can get many T-Weapons from the Immaculate Secret Village (can enter once completed the Immaculate Trial and have Loic's trap door key and his enlightened amulet). I also found a unique T-weapon at the Immaculate Temple in Luculla North (dropped from one of the fire or earth demons that you fight there), but this may just be by chance.

addict
addict
CHECK OUT MY GUIDES....THERE IS TON OF INFORMATION ON TENEBRIUM!
Its in the FORUMS! STICKY LOL!

Last edited by GamezGlitchz; 06/09/14 10:29 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Found them by now, thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard