Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
In the PCGamer Interview from July, Larian said:

We are going to add a number of extra companions. There were planned to be more companions, but just the deadline and production realities, that's too hard to be able to include this, so that's going to come in August, the extra companions. They will be probably more fleshed-out than the ones that are in there now, so a lot of effort is being put into that.

Well, August has all but come and gone, and we still don't have this. What gives? I'm disappointed by the broken promise.

I'm holding off on playing D:OS until additional companions are added, since Madora and Jahan are really not my style. I expected more than just two options, and was satisfied with the "wait until August and we'll give it to you" answer, but now I'd like an update.

addict
addict
I've been waiting for them also, but I've been reading lately that the new companions have been pushed back to September.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by LeBurns
I've been waiting for them also, but I've been reading lately that the new companions have been pushed back to September.

Do you have a source for that? Also, do you know how many additional companions they're adding?

Support
Support

There are 2 new companions being added.

'August' is an estimate, not a promise. Estimates are based on projections of currently available information, and may or may not include sufficient padding for unexpected occurrences or certain components taking longer than planned.

The currently pending update with the co-op dialogue improvements originally had a rough estimate of possibly last week, which then became probably this week, which (since it is the end of the week and it is not released) is presumably going to be released early next week.

That implies the update with the companions will have a corresponding delay, so give it another week or two.
AFAIK LeBurns' source was me saying the update with the companions wouldn't be until after the one for co-op dialogue.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by LeBurns
...I've been reading lately that the new companions have been pushed back to September.

No... they still have a few hours, right? The new companions will surely be here! (O_ O )

Last edited by Scry_Kane; 01/09/14 04:22 AM.

Generally, a notebook goes in your pocket, doesn't it? Give that notebook its own pocket. . . . in that pocket, put another notebook. . . .
journeyman
journeyman
Waiting for the new companions as well for my first playthrough.

Would be nice to have a new estimate for the companions patch. smile

R
R
Well I'm fairly sure that somewhere in september means we get them end of october.

So if I were you, just start that 1st playthrough and get to know the game.

With kind regards,

Rashar.

T
T
been waiting for the new companions to start a new game...however, somehow I think I'll be buried in the wasteland by the time they appear....

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by teardropmina
been waiting for the new companions to start a new game...however, somehow I think I'll be buried in the wasteland by the time they appear....

^^ what ive been thinking smile

journeyman
journeyman
I'm still buried in Risen 3. wink

apprentice
apprentice
When the new companions are added, will they be available in current games, or do you have to start a new game to get the new companions?

R
R
You will have to start a new game.

With kind regards,

Rashar.

Link Copied to Clipboard