Print Thread
#549772 02/09/14 07:43 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hello

First of all sorry if this have been answered already, I used the search but nothing comes up.

I was playing with a friend and while he was bartering with the enchantress at Cyseal, she turned hostile towards him and now He cannot go the marketplace without the npc s engaging him.

Is there a console command or an in-game method to change this?

E
stranger
stranger
E
Try entering combat and using the Flee button in the right edge of the screen on both characters. With any luck, the Enchanter should no longer be hostile.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hi, thanks for replying.

We have tried that multiple times.

Sometimes it works and he can talk to the enchantress again, in that time he tried to give gold and items as gifts to her to improve attitude and she initiated a fight again anyways.

ps: we cannot reload an older save.

Last edited by Antmangaka; 03/09/14 01:57 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Well you shouldn't have wronged him then :p

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I just made the mistake of being near him when that happens, and now everyone in the market area has -45 attitude.
:S

He tried to shoot a charm arrow at her. didn't worked at all. haha

Last edited by Antmangaka; 05/09/14 01:53 PM.
old hand
old hand
Some of the NPCs are still glitched. I had issues with some becoming hostile and attacking me while I was trying to trade. There is a large update coming out (hopefully soon) that should address this. Right now your best to load an old saved game, as much as that sucks. I made it a habit of saving before interacting with any merchants.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
K
stranger
stranger
K
I was having this problem with the NPC's in Nadia's store in Silverglen, every time I went near the entrance the whole town attacked me, and the update today didn't fix it. Nadia, Sebi and the guard in the corner were each -45 attitude to all my characters.

What I ended up doing was sneak into the back room with my party, open the door into Nadia's shop, and move the screen into the room just beyond the doorway turning it so that they couldn't see me. When Nadia and Sebi each walked past, while standing behind the screen (they can't see me so I wasn't KOS!) I was able to speak with them and open trade and give them stuff until they liked me again.

Possibly this same premise may work for others in a similar sticky situation.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Treat game npcs as you'd like to be treated, imo. They'll usually return whatever treatment you give them. Valuable lesson about life and human nature in general, I think, as this works well in real life, too--unless you are dealing with the 1 in 1,000,000 "whacko," of course...! Then, it won't matter how considerate you are, he'll still try and whack off your head...;) Best avoid them if you aren't positive you can crush them, or that you won't need them later for something critical. Basically, it's just a bad idea to try an whack a friendly character--everyone in town may like him and then you've just made a whole passel of enemies...! No problem with doing it for fun, of course, just to see what happens--but just make sure you have saved game ready!

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)

Link Copied to Clipboard