Print Thread
#551296 08/09/14 03:02 PM
T
Thoro Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Ok I'm totally lost on something that should be very easy to do. I try to play a level I created in the editor. Here are my steps:

Create a new level with a name (EmptyLvl).
Create a new terrain (64x64, TR_Cyseal_Base).
Hit the yellow fellow or ESC.

I just end up with a black screen with the ui visible (character portraits, skillbar, minimap, etc.). I can do things like going into the inventory.

I can see the players standing on the terrain so I tried generating the AIGrid but i only get the 4 yellow squares around the characters and the rest is still red.
What am I doing wrong here?

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
You also need to build the story, so open up the story editor, on the icon panel, and use the Generate definitions and build. After that try to play again, if this doesnt work, try to reload the story(on the story editor again) and try to reopen the level after you save everything

T
Thoro Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Thanks "Generate definitions and build" worked!
Now to my next problem. How can I make the "FULL Generate" on AIGrids work? Everything is still red execpt for the 4 tiles around the characters.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I think you haven't placed an AI seeder. I assume you know where you add items/characters etc etc, search for AiSeeder, add that thing on the terrain and then try to generate the AiGrid

T
Thoro Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Ok, so I always have to place a AISeed first and hit "SEED FILL". After that I can use "FULL Generate" if I change my terrain.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
one Ai seeder is enough for your map, I do not use any Seed fill you mention, but you do have to do a full generate when you add walls, move them, add mountains etc etc

M
stranger
stranger
M
Also if ever you try extending the size of your map. As long as two planes touch it's possible to walk across them. It is hard to make them seamlessly blend into one another even if the coordinates are exact though. That's more into learning map design. If you do end up using multiple terrains you're going to need an AI seeder per piece of terrain. This also applies to enclosed building instances without any doors. The walls will block them off and turn everything red.

Link Copied to Clipboard