#552439 10/09/14 03:51 PM
N
Nyth Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hey folks,

Me and a friend just bought this game and are playing a runthrough on coop. Loving the game so far, but I have a question.

I'm playing an archer and notice that on several mobs (e.g. the twin fire boss near cyseal) my hunter is "kicking" from range instead of shooting arrows. It looks really weird and it actually bugs out several abilities like barrage.

The durability of my bow is up to par, so that's not the issue. And the issues seems to be sporadic, but it turned up a few times now. From bosses to normal groups. Sometimes the kicking issue stays when I switch to another target, sometimes it also just reverts to using it's bow.

Anyone know if there is a reason for this? Or if this is simply a bug.

Nyth #552481 10/09/14 05:53 PM
Support
Support

Sounds like a bug. The character might loose the bow due to a status effect (if they no longer meet the requirements), but that should switch them to melee attacks and disable bow skills.

Do you have a save just before this occurs (either consistently, or with a reasonable chance of happening)?
Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games (so whoever is hosting the game should create the report). To reduce the file size, you can delete all but the relevant save(s).

Nyth #553363 12/09/14 02:19 AM
N
Nyth Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Great. If I come across the problem again I'll make sure my friend creates a special save so I can send it to you.

The occurrence is actually quite rare. It was most noticeable on the Twins-By-Fire-Joined because SPOILER:it also appear on the Braccus Rex fight, where the same thing occurred

I'll see if my friend can dig up an old save, otherwise i'll wait and see if it occurs again. I'll also try to pay close attention to requirements and possible debuffs.

Thanks again, ill bookmark this for future reference should I come across it.

Last edited by Nyth; 12/09/14 02:20 AM.
Nyth #553566 12/09/14 11:36 AM
Can you try re-equipping your weapon? In any case this is definately a bug, it may occur when your archer was weakened & unable to use the bow for a short time, afterwards the debuff fades yet the animation can potentially be incorrect. This doesn't always happen.

Nyth #553739 12/09/14 02:26 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Hallo,

The same happened to my archer several times. From what I can tell, it happened only after being resurrected midfight. I'm quite sure it only happened with Heartseeker equipped, but I can't say I died lots on her after replacing that bow, so it might not be, and probably isn't, weapon specific.

The symptoms, for what I saw, as follows:

-Bugged character graphics (the character may freeze in T shape, with either only armor showing, or whole character visible. Doesn't always happen)
-Bow is equipped in character inventory, and re-equipping seldom helps.
-Marksman special skills with multiple arrows (Arrow Spray, Barrage) only shoot the first arrow.
-Normal "shots" (which most of time use a kicking animation, if the character isn't completely frozen) feel like they do lower damage than they should. Can't say this for sure, tho.
-Most of the time the bug fixes itself as soon as the battle is over, once I had to save/reload after the battle to fix it.

I'm afraid I might not have a save from before the fights where that happened, as I just completed that playthrough today, and they happened a while back, but I'll see if I can re-create it when I have a moment.
Hope this helps.

Nyth #554174 13/09/14 06:30 PM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
The frozen invisible characters happens to me sometimes after I revive them. No connection to Heartseeker, though, I didn't have that the last few times.

Link Copied to Clipboard