Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sulthon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey all - just a quick question concerning how various skills augment/do damage. For example, the splitting arrow skill does the following damages at its approriate levels:

Level 1: Each arrow does 8 + 40 damage.
Level 2: Each arrow does 16 + 56 damage.
Level 3: Each arrow does 20 + 80 damage.
Level 4: Each arrow does 24 + 100 damage.
Level 5: Each arrow does 36 + 120 damage.

So, what does the first and second number mean... are we talking dice? whats the range? i'm familiar with the PnP gaming damage systems (e.g., 1d6+3), so i can't make heads or tails of this...

its probably so simple that i'll likely smack myself in the head on finding out the answer... hehe

alright, thanks in advance

journeyman
journeyman
the first number is the base damage, so you'll always get the base damage if you hit the monster, the second number is how much extra damage you can do, its a random number which gets added on to the base damage

sulthon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
ahh, excellant, now i understand - thanks so much
is the ranged, random number base on a die roll? I think I remember the manual giving a little summary on how dice rolls are represented (e.g., 2d10, 1d4, etc.) (though i could certainly be wrong), but never see them referred to in the actual game (figure they're largely behind-the-scenes action)

journeyman
journeyman
well that part i ain't too sure, don't want to give out the wrong information now

veteran
veteran
For some more info about splitting arrow tangentially related to your question see this thread:
http://www.larian.com/ubbthreads/sh...Main=93145&Search=true#Post93145

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?
~Jeremy Bentham
sulthon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
cools guys - thanks!

Yeah, like in that female warrior/archer character that the guide talks about, splitting arrows is my best friend/most use skill too... i use it as a example cause i was curious as to what excactly was the range of damage I was doing

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard