Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#554579 15/09/14 04:33 PM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Do we have to download it? There doesn't seem to be a way to do so. Is it already installed?

From Steam:

The Bear and The Burglar is a free update that is automatically included in Divinity: Original Sin on Steam

From Larian:

[The patch] is in anticipation of the launch of new companion DLC

I'm just a bit confused and thought this might be a good place to find some clarification.

Generally, a notebook goes in your pocket, doesn't it? Give that notebook its own pocket. . . . in that pocket, put another notebook. . . .
addict
addict
I just need to know who the new companions are, where they are at, and what their classes are. I plan on adding them and I want to make sure they complement my two PC's.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Right there with you. This is the first game I've ever purchased from Steam, and I have no clue how I'm supposed to get this DLC to install. Is this just a case of Steam posting the DLC as available before it's actually available for download, or what? I can see it listed on Steam, and I can see it listed under "Additional Content" in game, but I can't select it in game, and I can;t download it through Steam (that I can see.)

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Based on some of the screenshots, they seem to be in/near Cyseal relatively early-game. One is a Rogue and the other a Ranger; that's all I can say, though.

Generally, a notebook goes in your pocket, doesn't it? Give that notebook its own pocket. . . . in that pocket, put another notebook. . . .
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by krave
I can see it listed on Steam, and I can see it listed under "Additional Content" in game, but I can't select it in game, and I can;t download it through Steam (that I can see.)

That's exactly it, yep. I wonder if this is a glitch in the listing: as though something's not quite fully enabled yet...

G
stranger
stranger
G
It's an automatic update to your game, I believe. That's the way Steam works with other games that I have. You don't have to do anything. When you first startup Divinity, upon release of the free DLC, it will be installed automatically/

K
stranger
stranger
K
Yeah, that's the problem here... that automatic install does not appear to be happening for me or Scry. Does anyone have it working for them?

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Maybe... it's already happened?

Is the DLC the same thing as patch 1.0.169, perhaps?

K
stranger
stranger
K
No, definitely different things, that was pretty clearly stated - patch was released, and the DLC would be available from Steam later. I updated to 1.0.169 before the DLC showed up on Steam. And I still can't enable the new DLC in the game - it acts exactly the same as the Source Hunter DLC (which I do not own and so cannot enable.) Basically it's listed, but I can't check that box to enable it in the list.

Anyone got this working?

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I've found a few other forums, and everybody is saying the same thing.

At this time, nobody seems to be able to actually download/install the DLC. It exists on Steam, but there is apparently no way to access it. ッ\(O_ o)/ッ

Last edited by Scry_Kane; 15/09/14 06:05 PM.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Guys, DLC was just prepared for launch, not released. Wait for the official announcement.

A
addict
addict
A
I was thinking about replaying the game with a Ranger and Rogue. It's kind of interesting to have new companions. I can't wait how deep are their stories, and their related quests. Or are they shallow and similar to Madora or Jahan.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Aight, cool. Just not familiar with the Steam platform at all. Seems weird to post it up before it's actually available for download. *shrug*

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by krave
Aight, cool. Just not familiar with the Steam platform at all. Seems weird to post it up before it's actually available for download. *shrug*

Not only that, but allow it to be added to the cart, and then on checkout simply not appear.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Larian has already tweeted the kickstarter update which lead me to believe that this should be live now, but apparently not. I guess someone forgot to flip a switch or something.

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/with_replies

Last edited by araneldon; 15/09/14 07:07 PM.
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
There's even a "PC Gamer Update" on Steam that talks about how cool the new companions are, and how "The Bear and the Burglar update is free, and is available now!"

Honestly I think this comes down to a matter of how long it takes somebody to realize the error here, since nobody, anywhere, either on Steam or GOG seems to be able to download this content.

E
stranger
stranger
E
The DLC is automatically in the game but on the additional content menu you can't check it. The only way to be 100% sure the DLC is working is to go into Cyseal and search for them. Has anyone actually done this?

I haven't because I don't want to start a new game only to start it again because the DLC wasn't activated...

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Challenge accepted.

I'm going easy mode and rushing to town as fast as possible! >:[

Edit: someone else already did it, and found the places where the new companions are supposed to be (e.g., that big cage shown in one of the screenshots), but totally empty.

So, conclusively: the DLC is not able to be activated at this time.

Last edited by Scry_Kane; 15/09/14 10:52 PM.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Someone on reddit posted that crackers have the DLC functional now by having the game running standalone, so it seems like the issue is indeed with Steam rather than what Larian handed off to them. I sure as heck ain't gonna go that route, but I think it strongly indicates where the problem lies.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Far as I can tell, the problem is that ownership wasn't set on the DLC. Steam doesn't think we own it, and neither does the game itself. So it won't enable.

Once someone realizes that and gets Steam to fix it, then it will work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard