Next Thread
Print Thread
#554650 16/09/14 02:46 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
For whatever reason, the new companions aren't showing up. For example, Bairdotr, who from what I understand is supposed to be found in a cage outside the Legion barracks, isn't there. The cage is there and her bow is on the bench beside the cage, but she's not there. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have started a new game so that isn't the issue. Also, I've noticed that in the Additional Content area in the main menu, the new DLC isn't checked but the Source Hunter DLC is. It doesn't give me allow me to check the DLC and it won't let me uncheck the Source Hunter DLC. Maybe this is the issue but I don't understand how to fix it.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Safe to assume you're running D:OS through Steam? I've yet to see anyone successfully enable the new DLC in the Steam version.

The current speculation is that Steam done goofed, and failed to grant ownership of the new DLC to owners of D:OS, thereby not allowing anyone to activate the new DLC in the "Additional Content" menu.

krave #554664 16/09/14 04:09 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
Which will mean starting from scratch again? It's only a few hours of play to get to them, but /sigh/ Getting tired of restarting for things.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Yes I'm running it through Steam. That makes sense I guess. I'm also getting sick of restarting, it's just a pain to have to do, especially when what you're restarting for isn't actually there yet.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Do i have to check the boxes to activate the new DLC?

Its not working for me... frown

[Linked Image]

krave #554773 16/09/14 02:46 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
As of this morning, the DLC is automatically enabled / activated on the Steam version.

I'm having the same issue with Bairdotr - The cage is there, but it's empty. I get the dialog with the guards, and the bow and dagger are on the bench.

I'm playing a new game I started when I saw the DLC was enabled.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I'm thinking that Larian screwed something up because as john_carmack said in another post, he has the GOG version and it's not working on that either. An update is probably going to be released to fix that here soon.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Ah, crud. Another wasted evening and another restart required... this is getting old.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
The problem has been fixed for me. I started up the game and The Bear and the Burglar is now checked under Additional Content. I don't know what exactly happened to make it work but it works

M
stranger
stranger
M
SOLVED:

I was running a mod from nexus that was just a file I put somewhere in the Main directory. I deleted that file and the new NPCs are where they're supposed to be.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Within the game itself, is there a quick way to find out if the new DLC is in play without doing another run through? I'm not re-assured by the check boxes in the Additional Content dialog.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by majorarcana
SOLVED:

I was running a mod from nexus that was just a file I put somewhere in the Main directory. I deleted that file and the new NPCs are where they're supposed to be.

Which mod was that? I'd ideally like to unlock the companions without rocketing back to vanilla smile

synra #555123 18/09/14 10:34 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
I had the same problem as the OP, Bairdotr was not in her cage, but her weapons and captives were there. The DLC is checked in the additional content in game. So this morning I deleted (Or moved all of the game info for Larian in the My Documents folder,) the profile, and save games folders. I relaunched the game which recreated all the appropriate folders and created a new profile. Now all is well. Bairdotr is in her cage where she is supposed to be. Now I'm not sure if you need to delete (or move,) the entire Larian folder, or if just making a new profile will work. I thought this would help everyone out with any of the new DLC companion problems.
I also removed the speed mod.
-Good Luck.

Last edited by Mr. Underhill; 18/09/14 10:35 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I tried deleting the Documents\Larian folder as suggested, but wanted to see if it would still work if I kept the tweaks (speed mod and other similar minor tweaks). Nope.

synra #555486 22/09/14 03:29 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
Deleting the Larian folder worked for me as well. Thanks. Unfortunately I then had to manually type in that long KS code string again...

Hopefully this measure won't be necessary again in the future.

Support
Support

You can copy and paste the kickstarter code into the text box the next time you want to create a profile (there is a button there to copy from the clipboard).

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard