Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Anyone else found it odd that the goofy cat wizard is actually the strongest being in Rivellon? Here's a quick overview of his Hunter's Edge stats:
(the numbers are from memory and may be a bit off)
  • He has over 14k HP on Hard difficulty, as much as the final boss
  • He is resistant to all elements and all types of physical damage.
  • He has the highest evasion of any enemy in the game and is incredibly hard to hit.
  • He is immune to stun, disease, charm and knockdown.
  • Willpower and stat-lowering abilities (e.g. Soulsap) have no effect. He doesn't resist them but they do nothing.
  • He has (from my observation) highest willpower and bodybuilding stats in the game. He is notoriously difficult to blind or freeze, and shakes off those effects after one turn.
  • He opens the fight a highly damaging lightning spell that can kill a level 22 high CON character without high air resistance.
  • He drinks potions and heals himself after falling below 50% health. AFAIK he is the only enemy who heals himself with magic.
  • He has a ridicilous number of Action Points, possibly the highest in the game(30+)
  • His attacks cost 3 AP and he dual wields (hits twice per attack)
  • Each of his physical attacks hits for 200(?) damage. Twice.
  • His initiative appears to be the second highest in the game (behind the final boss). Unless you have a high perception character affected by high leadership, Arhu will go first.

In my experience as a party of four level 22 characters going for the Wicked Young Man achievement and fighting Arhu where Larian intended us to (Hunter's Edge, he has much weaker attacks in Cyseal which looks like a bug), he had enough action points to kill 4000+HP Madora in full plate and two glass cannon characters with melee on his first turn.

The only way to beat him was to get one character's initiative to over 30 and freeze him before his turn (which took 4 Freeze Arrows despite the rain!), and constantly reapply Freeze/Blind to block his turn.

I'm not saying this fight should be nerfed, but - does anyone else find it weird that Arhu (goofy inventor who serves as comedy relief) makes the Void Dragon (force of nature predating the world's creation) look like a pushover?

Last edited by Emberstrife; 16/09/14 12:07 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Hey thanks for the spoilers in the topic title! :rolleyes:

apprentice
apprentice
Perhaps Larian wanted to give us freedom... but uhm, really, really didn't want us to kill him wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, there are side bosses on different games that are harder than the actual final boss.

Let's see.
The Weapons in Final Fantasy VII
Omega Weapon in FF VIII
The black summons in FFX
The valyrian woman in Star Ocean ends of time

Perhaps Arhu is a bit of an easter egg in the game. Once you beat him, there is a sense of achievement because he is that hard. There might be an actual achievement in steam but I haven't played the game that much. I haven't even finished it lol.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by henryv

Omega Weapon in FF VIII
The black summons in FFX

FFIX has Ozma!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Trancid
Originally Posted by henryv

Omega Weapon in FF VIII
The black summons in FFX

FFIX has Ozma!

Hehe. Who wouldn't forget garnet and her gang? I just can't recall the name of that ball thing. I wouldn't like to put "the ball thing in FFIX".

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
old hand
old hand
He's not meant to be killed, he is to become the pet of a boy-king that is about as messed up as Joffery Berathian.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Originally Posted by "Latest patch"

Balanced Arhu's stats, skills and equipment
Arhu now has the same stats and skills and equipment in all the regions

Does this mean Arhu isn't a living god anymore?

Last edited by Emberstrife; 31/10/14 02:32 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard