Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
For me it looks there are still issues with the AI personalities. As there has been the issue of disappearing personalities, I want to check which personality my Scarlett actually has. Is there some way to check it, by a console command or something? I can't find it in the character sheet.

I think that is something wrong, because my Scarlett ("Free Spirit") choses altering dialog options.
For example after confronting Shereth in the Kings Crab tavern with Roderick (No AI), I chose to kill her whereupon Scarlett agreed. During the fight I reloaded as I wanted to try another strategy. After the reload when Rodericks says he wants to kill Shereth, Scarlett now disagreed and I needed to do the RPS game.

It shouldn't work like this, should it? As far as I understood, for each personality there should be fixed answers in each dialog. Or is there still some randomness involved?
Is there some kind of official information by Larian how the personalities should actually work or is it just guessed by the community?

Support
Support

When you open the third portal in the homestead (after the observatory and hall of heroes) you will have access to something where you can check/change your AI personalities.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ok, thanks. How long will it take for me to open this third portal on a "normal" playthrough?

And is it correct that a character with a specific AI personality should always chose the same dialog options?

addict
addict
Black Cove (level 6-7) should normally be your 3rd stone.

Yes, a character with a specific personality, unless it's a random type personality, should be consistent with their dialog choices.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Then I encountered a bug. frown

Either Scarlett's personality was set to "Random" or the "Free Spirit" personality doesn't work as intended (in some dialogs).

I'll try to reproduce it and send in a savegame...

Last edited by Morrandir; 23/09/14 11:06 AM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Morrandir
Then I encountered a bug. frown

Either Scarlett's personality was set to "Random" or the "Free Spirit" personality doesn't work as intended (in some dialogs).

I'll try to reproduce it and send in a savegame...

Did you checked the resulted traits? At replay I stopped bother about traits, but at first play during about half of the play I did and quoted multiple traits bugs. Sometimes it was even same trait result for opposite choice involving a dialog combat mini game.

Also sometimes I quoted result traits was hard to link with the dialog choice.

As AI personalities are linked to traits results if this results has bugs the personalities will seem have bugs.

Link Copied to Clipboard