Print Thread
#555579 23/09/14 01:54 PM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi,

I am using the latest upgrade from GOG, and it seems the spider queen has changed. I do not remember from my 1st. play through that she shot missiles of venom (?) at my chars. She does now. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks

DocDracnis #555593 23/09/14 05:24 PM
addict
addict
The answer is yes. If I understood the implied question right.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
DocDracnis #555598 23/09/14 07:59 PM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by DocDracnis
Hi,

I am using the latest upgrade from GOG, and it seems the spider queen has changed. I do not remember from my 1st. play through that she shot missiles of venom (?) at my chars. She does now. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks

Yes. She does. Hoard and exchange gear before the desert fights - poison resistance really helps.

I noticed in my third playthrough (so the patch before the last one) as before I could beat her with a level 13 party easily. Became quite harder with the change.

Regards,
Thorsten

DocDracnis #555829 26/09/14 08:31 AM
old hand
old hand
I don't think her attacks changed.

Prior to the battle summon any undead warriors or spiders that you can as they are immune to poison. Since your slowed, it will take about two rounds for you to summon these initially. Ice and fire elementals died too quickly for me. If you notice her focusing her melee attacks on one character, fortify that one character.

Biggset thing is that you want to focus on poison resist. You also want to avoid fire at all costs as it will hurt you far more then it will hurt her. It also makes her and her spawns invisible with all the smoke. If fire becomes present, use rain. Sometimes I've had to use two characters making it rain to remove all the fire. While it is raining, you might be able to freeze her. She makes lots of blood spill on the ground so be careful with any lighting spells you use.

For the red spiderlings, either kill them before they get anywhere near areas with poison on the ground or use teleport and have them explode far away. I had them all die in one hit. Two of my characters have the teleport spell which helped.

I wasn't able to get her stunned, but was able to get her frozen. If you can actually freeze her, then focus on healing for that round.

Save your game right before she dies. On your killing blow, she should drop at least one or two rare (orange) items. If she drops all green labled items, you should reload the game. You'll miss out on stuff valued over 10k gold.

Good luck killing her.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 26/09/14 08:31 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
It is not really a hard fight and luck has nothing to do with the result. It was just astonishingly easy for a lvl 13 party with quite some not otimally skilled characters, no glass cannons etc. in my first playthrough.

Edit: Sorry, realizzed to late luck went direction OP.

Regards,
Thorsten

Last edited by Thorsten; 26/09/14 04:26 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard