Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rickit Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Last night I was doing the trap house in west of Cyseal and as I was leaving it, I suddenly found myself wanting to throw up. Remembered that I had exact same experience when I was making me way through basement of general store.

So the idea of having those fireball traps that shake the entire screen every second once activated - that was a very bad idea.

Having the screen shake every second when the player is attempting to read labels and pick out positioning and make out details on the ground, does a real number on a person's eyes and for many people starts inducing nausea if they spend more than a few minutes doing that.

Just for future design decisions - if you are going to put in a constant or long term effect, please don't make shaky cam a part of it.

Last edited by rickit; 29/09/14 02:03 PM.
addict
addict
It IS a legitimate health concern, I agree with you there. But let's put it in terms of "add an option to disable", not "remove from the game", shall we?

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
old hand
old hand
Agreed with Ein, if we can't do something because it could affect just a few, then we'd have nothing. Some can't ride coasters, shut theme parks down! No.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Yep. Really too much asked to find the absolutely obvious lever and shut the whole screen shake down. May the devs burn in hell ...

Regards,
Thorsten

old hand
old hand
I've heard of other games having issues with screen moving like that.

Have you tried taking any kind of ginger such as ginger snaps, ginger ale? I've found ginger to help. Also, do you play in a well lit room or a darkened room when you experience this?

I get motion sickness but never had this happen, however I do play in a well lit room to prevent headachs.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
journeyman
journeyman
An option to disable the camera shake will be introduced in a future version of the game smile

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Yes this did bother me too. Also the noise. I think second run I just made sure to disable all those traps so they would shut the fudge up.

Link Copied to Clipboard