Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
I know Tenebrium weapons only use the Tenebrium skill, but what about weapons upgraded with Tenebrium bars? They get additional damage from Tenebrium, but does that mean that the one-handed/two-handed is no longer applied to basic melee damage? So both organic/native Tenebrium weapons are fully T-skill dependent AND Tenebrium-Upgraded weapons too??? That sucks! I have invested into Tenebrium (not at level 5), but all the weapons I upgrade with Tenebrium bars now produce less damage, although my one/two-handed skill is also at 5! What a mind-screw this is!

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Sounds like you answered your own question...? wink

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Any Tenebrium weapon and any weapon that has been boosted with a Tenebrium bar will only be governed by the Tenebrium skill, not any other.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
If you do like higher damage of Tenebrium weapons, but have too much invested in regular weapon skills, I suggest following trick.

After applying Tenebrium to the weapon, apply elemental essence or poison flask.
Then all Tenebrium damage would convert to elemental or poison damage, which gives you more extra damage then if these were applied to regular weapon. And weapon will return in using regular weapon skill.

G
stranger
stranger
G
On my next go round.... prolly beat my first game tonight .... but im gonna skip points in reg weapons all togther for tenebrium....

Then simply enhance my best (insert weapon class) consistently to make all weapons qualify for bonus

If u can get it early enough thru stealth.... then it may not comprise ur early game either.... just use element specific approach against bigger bosses until u can gey it.....

Im new to the genre but i think thats gonna be my next approach... maybe... smile

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by gearmage
On my next go round.... prolly beat my first game tonight .... but im gonna skip points in reg weapons all togther for tenebrium....

Then simply enhance my best (insert weapon class) consistently to make all weapons qualify for bonus

If u can get it early enough thru stealth.... then it may not comprise ur early game either.... just use element specific approach against bigger bosses until u can gey it.....

Im new to the genre but i think thats gonna be my next approach... maybe... smile

It is possible to craft Tenebrium weapons as early as L4 if you're lucky. The main hurdle is getting Blacksmithing to 4 (to smelt the ore into bars, you only need 3 Tenebrium to boost a weapon with a bar) quick enough on a companion who you plan to use as a crafting mule who you will only swap into your party when you need something crafted. Jahan is ideal because he starts with Scientist for +1 Blacksmithing and Crafting. You can also buy or find bracers and belts that each increase Blacksmithing by 1. However, the belts don't show up on vendors until around L6 although there are certain chests in Cyseal which you could savescum for them.

Link Copied to Clipboard