Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mander Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Hi guys. I am trying to release the first version of my mod. I went to Modding->Publish Module, entered all the information, set the dropdown to public, and clicked publish. A box came up and said "Are you sure you want to publish this to steam workshop" and I clicked yes. It created a pak file, but nothing else obviously happened. I do not see my mod on Steam Workshop. Is this something that takes a while, or am I missing something important?

Thanks!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just to eliminate one possiblity:

Do you have newly-made .pak files for your mod in /_/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin/Mods ..?

And! Are there two .pak files for your mod there, one named with a '_1' suffix, both together totaling around 1.3GB?

Hopefully the answer to these questions is no.

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
M
mander Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Thanks.

I first tried to publish it privately, but this just generated a .pak file (I thought it would make a private entry in the workshop). It seems like public publishing wasn't possible until I deleted that .pak file.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Cool, glad you figured it out. Seems like a nice easy fix for you.

And I'm glad you didn't find the 1GB+ thing I was hinting at. A while back, I had the same problem as you, unable to publish to Steam, and in my case it was because I had somehow inadvertently re-entered the entire main campaign inside my mod folder, resulting in a *massive* .pak file size that Steam didn't want anything to do with.

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.

Link Copied to Clipboard