Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
As the title says, the Homestead loads fine, but trying to use the HoH portal causes an immediate crash. Window closes, game shuts down, poof. In a potentially related issue, none of my Star/Blood Stones appear to have unlocked additional rooms. Anyone had this happen? Suggestions?

Support
Support

Is Zixzax still standing by the portal urging you to 'leap through'?
You need to enter the portal, talk to someone there and return to the main section of the homestead (via the portal) in order to completely open the hall of heroes, and get the next portal to open.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip, leaving your latest save, and maybe a save before triggering the first and second star stones, if available.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
In the Hall of Heroes you need to talk to Astarte for the rest of the rooms to open. No access to Hall of Heroes then no other rooms will open. As to the Hall of Heroes CTD I suspect a corrupted game save. I have the same thing happening to me with Cyseal. I am at level 19 and now every time I try to go to Cyseal the game CTDs when loading the area. The only way I have found around it is to go back to a prior game save. Fortunately I will only lose about half a level. Still this game has been remarkably well behaved for a European game.

Last edited by bobwalt; 07/10/14 02:07 PM.
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Thanks for getting back to me, Raze.

Yes, when I first opened the HoH, Zixzax was there urging me to leap through. I did, and talked to the fellow with the hirelings. I then left. I couldn't tell you if I exited via the portal or teleported out, though -- if I teleported out, it sounds like I may have broken the sequence of events that unlocks the rest of the Homestead. I'll send a crash report when I can. Thanks again!

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Oh, and as a followup, Zixzax is still there urging me to leap through. I do, and that's when the game dies.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
OK, checked it again. Zixzax doesn't actually urge me -- instead, when clicked, he wonders who I'll find in there to talk to, and what they'll say. I enter, and it crashes. Trying out the DOS support tool now.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard