Next Thread
Print Thread
#556969 14/10/14 03:33 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Is there a way to add in new personalities to the game easily, or would it require messing with the code like with adding talents and such?

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Haven't tried this, but I believe if you copy the file:

/Data/Mods/Main/CharacterCreation/properties.lsx

to your mod using the same folder structure, you can open it in a text editor and look for the AiPersonalities section.
You should be able to add it to the bottom of the list (under Free Spirit).

the Handle field you should be able to set to "ls::TranslatedStringRepository::s_HandleUnknown"

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I'll look into that and post whatever I learn from it.

Thanks a ton!

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
It depends what you mean by personality

If you mean different behaviors to certain situations: use character scripts. You can use the default ones Larian provides and put them into a specific character. Select the character - go to the side bar (ctrl-B) - about 70% of the way down is Scripts - click the [...] that appears to the right o the box - a window will appear with a list of scripts - simply click on an Available script and then the right arrow to add it to the Assigned scripts. Now that character will have a new behavior.
As to what each of the default scripts do, some are named well. Others, you would have to check the script editor. All the templates exist in ...\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Editor\Templates\Scripts\ for your inspection

If you want them to say different things use the Keyword editor to create such a dialog. Then (for non-global characters) put the dialogs file name into DefaultDialog (again in the sidebar, 40% of the way down). For global characters, assuming you are working with the main game scripts, use DB_Dialogs. Refer to Larian provided documentation http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/download.php (Useful Osiris Systems).
Some other potentially useful main game story scripts stuff is in my post http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=556205#Post556476 see NPC stats section

For more advanced behaviors and personalities, you will need to do some of your own code writing with either the Story Editor or Script Editor.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I guess, to put it simply, what I want is to ensure that my AI partner gets a certain set of traits and dialogue choices. As I understand it they get those things from their personality, and the personalities given do not seem to provide the full range of trait combinations.

ALF's information showed me where to place the name and keyword of a new personality for character creation, I think, but I can't find anything that associates traits/dialogue with the chosen personality.

I suppose it's also possible that I'm simply entirely incorrect about how this all works.

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Every keyword node has a list of AI personalities that can choose it. So you have to open the dual dialogs you want to change and then hit the AI field under the Owner dropdown list. A window will pop up that'll allow you to assign the AI personalities.

If a dialog can't find any nodes for the AI personality it'll just select a random one.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Ah, I've found what you're referring to.

Curiously, I can't actually see the AI personalities in the Divinity Editor where you described them. When I open a dual dialogue in the editor I see the AI box but there's nothing listed in it, and when I click on it I see all of the personalities in the "available" section and not a single one in the "assigned" section. I have to open the dialogue files in a text editor to see which personalities are assigned to which dialogue options.

But I think that's probably just a problem on my end with how I set up the editor or the dependencies or something and I'll tinker with it all until it makes sense. Barring that I can just edit all of it in the text files directly.

Anyway, I think I see how this all works now. You've both been a great help, thanks a lot.

Link Copied to Clipboard